Chapter 39

I lie on my bed, and try my best not to think about my life being in danger. It's kind of hard when my parents hired a body guard, and someone is always following me or in my presence.

I appreciate the protection, but sometimes I need some quality alone time. This is the first time in this whole entire week I've gotten some. Last Saturday, someone left four crucifixes in the nursery, that read 'We Will Kill Christen.' The day after, my parents hired someone to follow me every step of every day.

My bodyguard's name is Butch. He's a pretty cool guy and we have a lot of fun together, but he's a tad over the top. He freaks out if people stare at me too long, and he yells at anyone who gets too close to me. The fact that he carries a gun with him 24/7 is intimidating enough without all of that extra stuff added to it.

He's currently sitting outside my door, preparing for danger every second that goes by. I feel so bad, because he's always looking out for me. He never goes home, and he sleeps outside my bedroom. I try to bring him food and start conversation whenever I can. He is only about 30, so I know he has a life outside of protecting me. Whenever I bring that up, he says 'I don't care, as long as you're safe.'

I stifle a sigh, and talk to GOD.

'Hi Daddy.' I say, smiling to myself. GOD makes me so happy.

'Hi Baby girl, what's up?' He responds cheerfully.

'Just thinking about my potential murders. Same old same old.' I joke, although I really am concerned.

He smiles warmly. 'You know I'll always protect you, right?'

I nod my head yes. 'Then you have nothing to worry about, trust me.'

'You know I do, it's just scary.' I admit, feeling fear latch on to my entire being.

'I know.' He says understandingly, and I imagine he's stroking my hair comfortingly.

I just bask in his comfort and love, with a smile. There is not a single time in my life that I've felt more complete than the moments I am with GOD. He is my everything, and I'm nothing without him. I give a hug, and he returns it.

'I think you have a visitor.' He says amused.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, and sit up. I am utterly shocked to see Grant standing by my window with flowers.

How did he even get on my balcony? He must have climbed. My heart beats excitedly, and I can't help but realize this is the sweetest thing ever.

I tiptoe to my window, and slowly open it. I don't want Butch to hear. I gesture to Grant to be very quiet. He steps through the window, and immediately pulls me close to him. He inhales my scent, and I bury my face in his chest.

You're probably wondering why we're acting like we haven't seen each other in a week, and that's because we haven't seen each other in a week. Butch absolutely hates males to be around me, unless they're in my family. He says they're 'more of a threat'. I tried to explain to him that Grant was my boyfriend, and he'd never hurt me, but he wasn't having any of it. I wasn't even allowed to sit with my guy friends at lunch anymore, I eat lunch with Butch now. Yes, he goes to school with me.

Grant pulls away after awhile, looking slightly uncomfortable. I don't even care, because he just managed to give me a two minute hug. We are making remarkable progress ever since the day he gave me my promise ring.

As happy as I am to see him, it's too risky. "You can't be here." I say sadly.

Grant frowns, and forms an annoyed look on his face. "I don't care about Butch, ok? I just need to see you." He declares, looking at me intently, filling my stomach with butterflies.