Chapter 24

As I come around the corner to the visiting section, I see my Dad. I'm so happy to see him, I might burst. The only problem is, there is a huge window in between us.

The guard un cuffs me. "Sit down. When you want to talk pick up the speaker, or put your face at the bottom of the window. I'll come back to get you in 15 minutes."

I smile. "Ok Thank you."

He nods his head, and leaves.

"Hi Daddy!" I say into the speaker.

"Hi sweetheart, are you ok?" I notice my Dad looks super stressed out. I know me being in jail must be hard on him.

"I'm ok Dad, GOD is good you don't have to worry. He worries about me enough for all of us."

My Dad smiles. "I know, and I'm grateful for that."

"How is mom?" I ask hesitantly.

"Your mother is very upset. Right now you can only have one visitor, and I convinced her I should be the one to go. I don't want her to stress herself out more."

"What did you tell the others?"

"We told the older kids what was going on, of course they all know your innocent. And we told the younger kids you went somewhere for a little break."

I laugh at the last part. This has turned out to be quite the 'little break'.

"Christen, I'm working so hard to find you a decent attorney. We are going to clear you're name, and find out who is responsible for framing you."

"It's no doubt in my mind that Samantha has something to do with it." I blurt out. I surprise myself with that statement, this is the first time I even considered the fact that Samantha could be apart of this. It was almost like that statement was downloaded into me.

My Dad cocks an eyebrow. "You really think a teenager could be responsible for all of this?"

"Not unless she had some help." Yet another statement that was downloaded into me.

"Alright if you really think so, I'll let the attorney know we have a person of interest."

'Thank you ABBA for downloading into me things that will help move this process along.'

My Dad looks worried. "How are they treating you in there? Do I have to body slam anyone?"

I choke on my laughter. "No Dad, I'm ok. My cellmate Louise is actually really nice."

He nods his head. "I trust your judgement. Just remember, don't drop the soap."

"Dad....eww."

He laughs and holds up his hands. "You need to know."

We talk for a few more minutes.

"Honey, it's almost time for me to go." My Dad says sadly. I knew he was right, our fifteen minutes had to be coming to an end.

The guard walks in just as I finish the thought.

"Please be safe in here, protect yourself, and continue to trust GOD. I want my little girl back home in one piece. Your mother and I will get you out, and clear your innocence. Just make sure you don't forget who you are."

"I won't Dad. GOD won't let me." I smile to reassure him I'll be alright.

My Dad laughs and shakes his head. "You always have a smile on your face. What the heck are you so happy about kid, you're in jail!"

Leave it to my Dad to bluntly state the obvious.

"I know I'm in jail, but I have faith everything will be alright. GOD is going to bring me out of all of this, and when I come out I'll be better because of it."