Chapter 14

Later that night I'm sitting in my room trying to figure out a way to tell Cory about Samantha.

I've already told Mandy everything, with Grant's permission of course. He said he doesn't care who knows now.

Mandy suggests I just rip the band-aid off, and tell Cory Samantha was only using him to get to Grant.

But I can't do that to him, that would hurt him. "GOD I need your help with this situation, please help me, in JESUS' name." I say aloud.

I have a feeling that GOD is going to come through for me on this, like he always does.

I keep thinking about how I'm going to tell Cory, and every way is just going to hurt him. Sadly, I come to grips with the fact I can't avoid that.

There's a knock on my door. "Come in." I say. Derrick comes running in. "Dinne's ready, dinne's ready!" He sings.

I get off my bed, and pick him up. "What's up little one?" I said giving him a big hug.

When I let him go of him, he slaps me in the face. "Don't hug me!" He shouts and wiggles out of my arms.

After that, he proceeds to run out the room.

How rude! I was just trying to give him a hug, and this is the thanks I get? It was literally a slap in the face!

I sigh, I always hate the years my siblings go through their terrible twos. And right now Derrick is definitely there.

I go down stairs.

When I see Derrick, I go up to him. "You know what you did upstairs wasn't very nice, right? And it also really hurt my feelings." I do my fake cry.

Derrick comes up to me, and wraps his tiny arms around my neck. "I sorry." He says.

Aww I can't stay mad at him, look at that face.

"It's ok honey, but remember no hitting."

He runs off to do whatever it is he does.

I sit in between Brian, and Helen.

"Time to say Grace." My mom says.

"Thank you LORD so much for this food, and the people eating it. Bless it, and please cleanse it of any impurities. Bless all those who don't have, and make a way from them LORD. Thank you so much, and we ask this in the precious name of JESUS. Amen."

"Amen." Everyone says together.

Everybody breaks of into their individual conversations.

I turn to Brian.

"How's finding a date to The Sophomore Ball coming along?"

"Great actually, I'm going with Smelly Lauren." Excuse me? Who the cheese is that?

"Umm, who is Smelly Lauren?"

"This girl who goes to my school, she's kinda cute."

"Why do they call her Smelly?" I ask, while stabbing at my spaghetti.

"Because she doesn't bathe sometimes. But don't worry she promised she would for the ball."

Ooo goody! Because that's totally not something you should do everyday. What's wrong with my brother?

"Why doesn't she bathe?" I ask trying to hide the fact that I'm disturbed.

"She said something about it not being good for the environment and the ozone layer. I don't know, she's just down to Earth ok?"

She's down to Earth alright. This is disgusting, I can't even listen anymore.

"As long as your happy Bri." I say not making eye contact. I really think he lost his mind.

"I am." He huffs, while eating a forkful of spaghetti.

I turn to talk to my sister Helen.

"Hey Helen, how was school?"

"Good. I made a new friend!" She says excitedly.

"That's good! What's their name?" I say happy for her.

"His name is Timothy." She smiles. "I taught him all about JESUS, and he taught me a new way to say I love you." I widen my eyes in shock, when she sticks her middle finger up at me.

"Helen that does not mean I love you! That was not an appropriate gesture to make with your hand." I say sternly.

Who was this Timothy boy?

"Oh. Sorry Christen."

"It's ok. I'm just glad you showed it to me first." I don't think my parents would take too kindly to Helen flipping them off.

I continue to eat my dinner, there really is never a dull night with my siblings.

When I get back upstairs I call Cory. It's better to do it now.

"Hey Christen!" He answers on the second ring.

"Hey Cory, what's up?"

"Nothing much. I'm playing foosball with my cat."

I laugh. "I'm pretty sure Rufus is kicking your butt."

"Indeed he is, but I will redeem myself." Cory says.

I remembered why I called, and trip on my words. "Umm...uh...Cory I need to talk to you."

"Sure, what's the matter?"

I tell him everything, and I mean everything.

He is quiet for awhile, before he finally speaks.

"I can't believe Samantha would use me like that! I also can't believe Grant is a father, the dude doesn't have a nurturing bone in his body."

I laugh, because it's true. It should be interesting to see Grant in the father role.

"I'm really sorry about all this Cor."

"It's ok Christen, I'm glad you told me. My only problem, is I don't know who am I going to take to the dance." He says sadly. My heartaches, I have to do something.

Suddenly, a great idea comes to mind.

"Why don't you ask Grace to go to the dance with you? She needs a date!" I say excitedly.

"Do you think she'll be interested?" He asks hopefully.

"I know she'll be! Don't tell her I said this, but one time she said you were cute."

"Really? She's not too bad herself." Cory says.

I smile. GOD is working this thing out right before my eyes. Cory and Grace would make a super cute couple.

I hear a knock on my door. "Come in." I say.

Lexi comes storming in my room. I noticed she had the twins with her.

"Here." She says thrusting each baby in my hands. "I just can't deal. They are too loud, and I'm trying to do homework.

I raise my eyebrows at her.

"Lexi loves you both, but she's going bye bye." She says kissing both their foreheads, before running out the door.

I laugh at her. "You guys were giving Lexi a hard time?" I ask sitting them beside me.

Arianna screams. I take that as a yes.

"Sorry about that Cory, I have the twins."

"No worries." He says.

We talk for about 30 more minutes. Caleb and Arianna, decided to join the conversation as well. By that, I mean they decided to make noise while I was talking.

Im glad Cory feels better about the whole Samantha thing, now that he is going to ask Grace to the dance. That couldn't have worked about better! Thank you so much ABBA!

I yawn, I'm really tired. I line up my bed with pillows and lay the babies on the bed horizontally.

I lay by their feet, say my prayers, and go to sleep.