Chapter 13

When Grant drops me off at Christian Worth I am kind of in a daze.

My boyfriend is a Dad.

"Hey Christen." Durk Jr. says.

"Hey Durk." I smile.

I mean I don't mind that he is, I just can't believe it. The best part, is me knowing hasn't changed our relationship any. I Thank GOD for that.

"In deep thought?" Durk asked.

I laugh "You could say that."

"Well Ms. Thinker, your lovely cash register awaits you." Durk says.

"Why thank you." I say giving what I'm sure is a terrible curtsey.

I walk to the cash register and open it. Inside I see a tiny black box.

Hmm what is this doing in here? I open it up to see the diamond cross I wanted! Oh my goodness is this for me?

I turn to Durk with a look of utter shock on my face. He just laughs.

"My dad said he wanted to give it to you early, he had a feeling you would need it." Durk says.

I had a smile on my face the size of the Sahara Dessert. I wanted to tell Durk Sr. Thank you, but I know he leaves right before I come. "Tell him I said thank you so much, for letting me have it early." I tell Durk Jr.

"I will." Durk says.

I jumped up and down about 50 times. My cross! My cross! My beautiful cross!

Durk is just leaning on the counter chuckling. When I'm done making a fool of myself, I ask him to help me put it on.

I hold up my hair and he snaps the chain together. "Thank you!" I say excitedly and run to a mirror. The cross is gorgeous, and more beautiful than I thought it would be. 'Thank you GOD for helping me have a symbol of my precious savior JESUS.'

'Your very welcome.' Rings through my head.

I smile. I am so happy, this is just what I needed today. Thank you GOD! I'll never take this off!

"If I knew you were going to react like this, I would have recorded it." Durk says amused.

I laugh. "I'm just so glad I finally have it, it's been in my dreams." I'm not even kidding.

Durk smiles. "We're no Disney World, but we like to make dreams come true."

I shake my head and grin. "That was a terrible line."

"It really was." We both laugh, and start doing inventory.

Before I know it my two hours are up.

I get up to find where Durk went, so I can tell him I'm leaving.

As I start to go towards the back of the store, a strong scent attacks my nose. It isn't quite like a cigarette, it's worse.

What is that? I open the door to the employee room, to find Durke smoking a joint.

"Durk you baboon! what are you doing?" I shout at him.

He smiles guiltily up at me. "Having fun?"

"Yeah? I'm sure your lungs are ecstatic right now, you know because you're feeding them poison and all." I tell him sarcastically.

He has the nerve to continue to smoke it. I'm beyond frustrated right now. I snatch the marijuana out his hand.

"Hey! Give that back!" Durk says

"No!"

"I really need it." He says desperately.

"I know it seems like you do Durk, but this is really bad for you. You're my friend and I don't want to see you go down this road." I tell him.