Chapter 6

I wake up from a peacefully dreamless sleep to my mom shaking me awake. I open my eyes disoriented, I'm still blissed out from my conversation with Abba.

"Christen get up!" My mom yells. Wait why is she here ? It's the middle of the day. I sit up and look at her, she is crying. I immediately pull her into a hug.

"What's wrong Mommy?" I asked concerned.

"Oh my baby!" She cries while wrapping her arms around my head "I was so scared"

Ok I am really confused. "Why what's the matter?"

"Someone broke into our house. They stole any money they could find, and raided all the bedrooms."

Oh. My. Goodness.

"Honey, they were even in your room look around, but I thank the LORD they did not harm you while you were sleeping" she chokes out.

I looked around my room, it was a filthy mess. Clothes falling out the drawers, perfume bottles on the floor, and ,my lamp was smashed. Why would someone do this?

I hear a voice in my head say 'I am with you always' Thank you so much GOD.

"It's ok mom, GOD was protecting me the whole time" I try and soothe her

"I know he was sweetie, and I'm so grateful."

I tell her about my conversation with GOD, and how he told me to read Psalms 23, before he put me to sleep. I let her read the message 'For GOD So Loved The World'

She smiled and kissed me on the forehead. "That is truly beautiful." She says in awe. "Words can't describe how proud I am of your faith in GOD, and the fact that you open your heart to him."

"Thanks mom, you and Dad raised me to be that way"

She smiles at me "We did a good job didn't we?"

"Of course you did" I confirm cockily.

She laughs, and I notice something. Her hair is shorter. A lot shorter!

"Mom? Did you get a haircut?" I screech outraged

"Yea" she says sheepishly "Do you think your dad will like it?"

It was cute that my parents still tried to impress each other, they were still in love, with their thirteen kids and all.

"He'll love it, I know I do" I smile at her. I was being honest it looked really good on her, I will just miss her long hair. I use to pretend it was my blanket when I was little.

"Don't worry your blanket will grow back." She said pushing my childish concerns away. I laughed my mom knew me to well.

She gave me a hug before going to speak to the police downstairs.

I'm sitting here trying to process everything, and I didn't even notice her come back, until she smoothed back my hair.

"Where's Dad?" I ask her.

"He couldn't leave work. He was trying to come, but I told him everything was fine and he didn't need to risk loosing his job." She laughed lightly.

"How did you know someone broke in?" I ask curiously.

"Well, the alarm company called me and told me. When I got here the police were already here, but what they neglected to tell me is that my daughter was inside" She looked like she was going to cry again. I put my arm around her.

"I'm sorry mom I forgot to mention I didn't have school today" I felt terrible.

My mom squeezed my cheeks in her hands. "Don't worry about it sweetie everything is fine, GOD is good."