Chapter 20

"Christen get your butt up here, so I can do your makeup!" I hear Courtney shouting at me from upstairs, while Mandy finishes straightening my hair.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I tell her, laughing.

I get out the chair, and walk upstairs to her bedroom.

"I know I said this earlier Court, but your room is awesome." I say, admiring it for like the eighth time tonight.

The room had light blue walls, a day bed, a multi-colored lamp, and pastel colored swivel chairs. It looked like something out of a magazine.

She laughs. "Thanks, Pottery Barn works wonders."

I sit in the chair, while Courtney powders my face. She takes the eyeliner pencil and sketches around my eye, adding a wing at end.

"Perfect. All you need now is some lip gloss." She says, happy with her work.

"I have that!" I say excitedly. It was the only thing I have to contribute, because I don't usually wear makeup.

Courtney applies it and smiles. "All done. You can't even see your black eye."

"Really?" I ask shocked.

She holds up a mirror. She was right, I couldn't see my black eye. If I look close enough, I can see faint bruises on my cheeks, but other than that everything is completely invisible.

"Thank you Courtney!" I squeal hugging her tightly.

She laughs and pats my shoulder. "I told you I'm going to be Kim Kardashian's make up artist."

I laugh. "I definitely believe you now."

I walk out her room, so Grace and Mandy could have space to get their makeup done.

The Masquerade Ball is going to be so much fun! Even though they call it a ball, it is just a semi formal dance.

They wouldn't dare have a formal dance so close to prom. People would freak out.

I have on a plain red dress with one strap, and it stops just above my knees. My mom bought it, and gave it to me yesterday. She definitely knows my taste.

I play with the cross around my neck while I wait for them to finish up their makeup.

The cross goes perfectly with my dress. Actually it goes perfectly with my life. It has been a constant reminder of JESUS' love for me this week. GOD knows I needed that.

"Alright everyone let's go!" Grace calls walking down the steps.

I turn around to look at her. "You look amazing!"

Grace was usually a modest dresser, but tonight she would definitely stand out. Her hair was in an artfully styled bun, her dress was purple and a tad snug, and her make up looks natural.

"Thanks." She says blushing. If she blushes from me saying that, I wonder what will she do when Cory eye rapes her.

Mandy comes down the steps. "Christen oh my goodness you look great! The black eye is totally gone!"

"Thanks Manders, you too!" I say, looking at her straightened hair and cream maxi dress.

Finally Courtney comes walking down the steps. She takes one step at a time like it's her wedding day. It was a wonder she didn't have a date. Her blond hair was curled down her back, and her turquoise dress was open backed and mid length.

"Alright Mrs. America, hurry up." Mandy tells her, laughing.

"You look so pretty Court!" I say smiling.