Chapter 21

When I wake up in the morning, I get ready for church.

I put on a simple spring dress that I bought last year, and my blue bracelet that says Christen on it.

While doing my hair, I think about last night.

Grant gave me my Bible back, so he must still care right?

I know he never claimed to stop caring about me, but it's just a worry you have when you break up with someone. You feel like the person has moved on or forgotten about you.

It's a feeling I never thought I would feel with Grant. I always thought we would last. I guess that's what everyone thinks.

But, enough of these depressing thoughts. It's time to go praise JESUS and Thank him for all he's done.

I go downstairs to see everybody putting their dishes in the sink. I walk over to my Dad.

"Did I miss breakfast?"

"Yes sweetie. We were going to let you sleep in, because we know you got in late last night."

"And miss church?" I screech in disbelief.

I need church for encouragement, and so I can hear different insights on GOD . I also need to worship GOD with other people, because that's the strongest way to do it. Church is not something I can afford to miss.

My Dad looks at me. "Bad idea?"

I nod my head, and he laughs.

"There's waffles left in the iron, if you want some."

"Thanks Dad." I say giving him a hug.

I get the waffles, and when I turn around my whole family is staring at me.

"What?" I ask slowly.

"Nothing. We just want to know how the dance was last night." My mom says. I know that's not what they really want to know. They want to know if anyone gave me a hard time.

I explain last night's events, and that Grant is now dating Samantha .

Everyone continues to stare at me.

"Do you want to talk about it?" My mom asks concerned.

I sigh. "No, I'm ok. I just miss him that's all."

My mom hugs me. "I know sweetie, it gets easier. We all have missed Grant these last couple of days, but I'm glad he's doing this."

"Oh no, not you too."

"Yes, me too. I am your mother, and I never want to hear about people treating you so poorly again. You don't want me to take matters into my own hands, do you?"

I grin at her. "That won't me necessary mother." My mom taking things into her own hands is never pleasant.

She laughs. "Ok then, except Grant's help."

"Fine." I say pouting.

"Look on the bright side, your black eye is starting to turn yellow in some places! That means it's healing." My mom says.

Ugh where is Courtney's make up skills when I need them?

"It might be healing, but it still looks gross." I say.

My dad comes up to me and pinches my cheeks. "Don't worry about it. I want you to smile

like the Cheshire Cat ."

He already knew that would make me smile. "That's my girl." He says.

"Christen," Stephanie calls, and I turn to look at her. "You should ask GOD to help you and Grant get back together, and he doesn't there's always Christian mingle.com ." She says.