Chapter 15

I wake up in stretch. I notice I have a bad taste in my mouth, it's kind of acidy.

I see the light shining through the windows at a perfect angle. "It's such a beautiful morning, right babies?" I ask, turning to look at the twins.

More like turning to look at empty space...They're not there!

Ok don't panic, someone obviously took them out the room. I hop out of bed, and go to their nursery.

No twins.

I go in my parents room, and they're not there either! Neither are my parents for that matter.

I run downstairs. "Mom? Dad?" No one answers, and I don't see Caleb and Arianna anywhere.

I slump on the steps and take deep breaths. Where are they? Actually now that I think about it, where is everyone?

I know I'm one of the first to wake up, because I leave earlier, but usually I here some noise. Right now I don't here anything.

What is going on?

The house phone rings, and I answer it.

"Hi Sweetie, how are you feeling?" My mom asks concerned.

"I'm good. Where are the twins? And why did you leave the house so early?"

"Early? It's 12:00 in the afternoon, are you just now getting up?"

Twelve o' clock! I was beyond late to school, actually school's over in two hours!

"What!" I shriek. "Why didn't anyone wake me up to go to school?" I ask panicked. Why did I sleep so long?

"Honey you couldn't go to school in your condition, you spent the whole night sick. You don't remember?"

I think about it. I vaguely remember Dad holding back my hair. As well as, Mom getting me several glasses of water, and constantly apologizing.

"I think I kind of remember."

"I'm so sorry Dear, it was my fault. I put kielbasa in the spaghetti." My mom says apologetically.

Oh no not kielbasa! That's beef! I haven't eaten red meat in 6 years, so of course it is going to upset my stomach. How did I not notice I was eating that?

"It's ok mom. I feel a lot better now." I say as pain shoots up the middle of my stomach. Ooops spoke to soon.

"Christen? Hello? Christen?" My mom says.

"Yes?" I croak.

"I said, Grant came by this morning to pick you up, and he told us about his son."

Grant told them by himself! I wondered how they all reacted.

"What did you guys tell him?" I ask, a little nervous.

"I told him we appreciate him owning up and informing us, and it doesn't change how we see him one bit."

I smile, I'm glad they all took this well. The smile was cut short by another pain in my stomach.

"I'm really happy everything is all out in the air now. But mom, I really need to go sit on the toilet." I say.

"I thought you were feeling better?" She asks worriedly.

"I was, but now I'm not." I groan in pain.

"Aww my poor baby, I'll make you soup when I come home today. I love you!"

"I love you too mom." I say, and hang up the phone.

I run to the bathroom. When I come out, I practically drag myself to my bedroom.