Chapter 27

I rock Jacob back and forth, as I try to console him. He really really doesn't like Mickey Mouse.

People stare at me and the screaming baby in my arms, as I frantically try to quiet him.

I could tell this was not the reaction Mickey Mouse expected from Jacob, which only added to the awkwardness of the situation.

I slowly retreated back to an amused looking Grant.

"I told you that was going to happen, but you insisted everyone loves Mickey Mouse." He says.

"They do!" I defend.

"Yeah that was clear, when he was screaming bloody murder." Grant says sarcastically.

I roll my eyes. "Here, hold him for a minute. I have to go check on something." I say handing Jacob to Grant.

I walk a little ways until I reach the Drawing stand.

I had a drawing made of Grant and Jacob. I sent a photo I took of them earlier to the artist's phone, so he could draw them. Usually the customers had to be sitting in front of the artist, but I wanted it to be a surprise.

"Hello, is my drawing ready yet?" I ask the man at the stand politely.

"Yes, I actually just finished it." He says, while grabbing something from under the counter.

I look at the portrait, and smile. This is really good, I know they'll love it!

I pay the man, and leave with the drawing in a nice little bag.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Grant asks, as I jog up to him and Jacob.

"Because I have a surprise of my own for you guys!" I say excitedly, handing Grant the bag that was behind my back.

He opens it, and chuckles lightly. "Is my head really that big?"

"Actually he was just being nice, it's a whole lot bigger than that." I say jokingly.

He laughs. "Thank you Christen, this is sweet of you."

I smile, and shrug. "No problemo. Now let's go see some fireworks!"

I put Jacob back in his stroller, and push him through DisneyLand. I was horrified to see the way Grant pushed Jacob's stroller earlier, so I gladly took the job. I never knew there was a wrong way to push a stroller, until I saw him do it. I made a point to tell him he should never do it again, for the safety of the baby.

We walk towards the Cinderella Castle, to be closer to the fireworks. I couldn't believe it was almost dark outside, this day went by really fast. You know what they say, time flies when you're having fun. Grant, Jacob, and I definitely had a lot of fun. We rode rides, ate a ton of food, and we went to different shows. Of course, the rides we went on were baby friendly, but they still managed to be entertaining.

As far as my mission to figure out what Grant and I are, I failed miserably. I honestly have no idea, where we stand. One minute we seem to be just friends, and the next minute we seem to be more. I can't keep up, but as long as he's in my life I'm content.

The first firework went off, and I laugh at the expression on Jacob's face. He looks like he doesn't know if he's scared or happy.

More fire works go off, creating a beautiful array of color in the night sky.

I wonder how they don't set the sky on fire. Can the sky be set on fire? Probably not, because the oxygen absorbs the heat.

A feeling of an arm resting around my shoulder pulls me out of my pointless thought process.