Chapter 25

Today is my fifth day in jail. GOD has kept me safe and at peace, just like I knew he would.

As if that isn't great enough he has also done amazing things for my new friends in these last few days.

Louise is now talking to the jail psychologist, and is developing some new coping methods. Since she started doing that, she has completely stopped using the bathroom on herself.

I am so happy, because that could not have been healthy for her at all. Plus our cell smells a lot better.

Things are looking good for Greg as well, he is soon getting visitation rights for his daughter.

As for Clark, he hasn't tried to shank anyone. He too is talking to the jail psychologist.

The four of us have become really close these last few days. Jail is a tough place, but we now know we can rely on each other.

I find it ironic, how we are all different ages, and we get along so well. Clark is 26, Louise is 22, Greg is 33, and I'm 17. We also have very different personalities.

Despite all this, our friendships are real. It's real, because it's through GOD.

I smile to myself as I think about the Christian Clique. Yep, that name's going to stick.

"Earth to Christen." Louise snaps a finger in my face.

I jump a little startled at her action.

"Hmm?" I say unfocused.

"You were just sitting there staring into space, and smiling." Greg says with his eyebrows raised.

"Yeah." Clark chimes in. "If you're going to do that at least blink a little, I get scared easily."

I stare at him with disbelief. "Says the man who is in jail for setting someone's car on fire."

Louise laughs, while Clark shoots me a glare.

"That has nothing to do with me being scared!"

I shake my head at him in amusement. Even though what Clark did was terrible, I'm glad it wasn't something more serious like murder. All four of us were looking at no more than 6 years in jail.

GOD willing I will be found innocent and my jail time will not be anywhere near that long.

As much as I love my new friends, I hate jail. It's dirty, people treat you like trash, you have the constant urge to look over your shoulder, and the food is terrible. That is just the basic horrors of jail. Let's not even venture into deeper things, like the overwhelming feeling of worthlessness, humiliation, and feeling stuck.

I've only been in here for five days, but it feels like five years. My heart goes out to everyone in jail, because this is just a terrible way to live.

I feel a lot better when my parents visit though. I can tell they are stressed to the maximum level, buy they always manage to put on a calm face for me.

They recently told me my friends are questioning my where abouts.

My parents didn't want to tell them where I really am, so they told them I went out of town to visit my Aunt.

I snickered when my mom told me Courtney demanded to know why I won't answer my phone.

My Mom explained to her I left it at home, and had no cell reception in my current location. That was actually the only true thing they told my friends.

I hated that they had to lie, because of me. This has to stop and it has to stop soon, my family doesn't deserve this.

"Christen, you're zoning out again." Greg says.