Chapter 4

After Grant left, I found myself in a incredibly good mood.

I even played Call Of Duty with Dj. He won of course, but I sat on him so, we were even.

I was walking on cloud nine. Life was good right now, I had an amazing GOD, an incredible family, an awesome boyfriend, and kick-butt friends.

I look up to the ceiling and Thank GOD for everything.

I think back again to Grant and my conversation. It reminded me so much of our first date four months ago. Partially, because it was one of the times we did the whole romance thing.

<<Flash Back>>

I am getting ready for my date with Grant Smith one of the hottest guys in school.

He told me he liked me after months of me hearing rumors about it. He was cocky and abrupt, but I accepted when he asked me on a date. Somehow I saw past his façade.

I go through numerous outfits tonight, and ask everyone in my family for their input. Yes, it takes a while.

They all are happy I'm finally "getting out there" as they put it. Ok, maybe this was my first date, but I was plenty "out there"...I think.

I really like Grant, it is just something about him that speaks to me, even though I don't know him that well. Everyone at school thinks he is the hot, cocky, and emotionless bad boy, but I sense something more than that within him.

Because I like him so much I send up a prayer to GOD. "If it be your will FATHER, please let my first date with Grant Smith go well, in JESUS name.

The date was wonderful! Grant was a perfect gentlemen, and he cracked me up. I loved to laugh so that was kind of a requirement. It was soon apparent that GOD answered my prayer, and that made me happy.

After like an hour, Grant and I were really comfortable with each other. Joking and making fun of each other came naturally, we just clicked.

We are walking in front of a store when Grant stops and suddenly pulls me to the side.

My heart was beating extremely fast, what is he doing? My body was having an unusual reaction to him being so close.

"You know what Christen?" He whispered.

"What?" I'm looking at the ground waiting for him to say something really stupid.

He puts a hand around my waist and pulls my chin up, and I blush uncontrollably. "Look at me so this can be all romantic and stuff.p" He smirked.

I burst out laughing loudly. It probably came off inappropriate in this setting and people were staring, but I couldn't care less.

Ahhh, my boyfriend was funny. Wait what? Grant wasn't my boyfriend at least not yet. I want him to be though...

Grant looked at me funny after my out burst and let out a drawn out "okaaaaay...." he gripped my waist tighter and continued.

"I've been observing you for a while now and I want you to know you are different from any girl I've ever known" he rushes out.

I started to interrupt him, so I could tell him to cut his cliché crap, but he stopped me.

"I'm not just saying this so you can fangirl over me and put it in your diary." I hope he knows I don't really have a diary!

"I really mean it. It's just... the way you.. The way I see you go through life, the way you handle stress, the way you deal with people it's...different." He rubs the back of his neck with his hand.