Chapter 26

Darkness, so much darkness. I can't escape. I can't breathe. When can I get out, when can I be free. I'm panicking, I can't deal with this! All I see is darkness, it won't leave me alone.

I peer deeper into the darkness, and I see my family. They seem to be in a bubble of light, but I can't reach them.

I bang against the darkness, with my fist. "LEAVE ME ALONE IN THE NAME OF JESUS!" I shout at the darkness.

It fades away, and I am now in the light. I sigh in relief, but I have a strong feeling it's not over. There are more unpleasant surprises waiting for me, even in the light. I let out a blood curling scream.

I sit up in my bed breathing heavily. I wipe the sweat off my forehead and lean back against my headboard.

I'm so tired of this nightmare. I've been having the same one for the past two weeks. And twice in one night.

Yes, it's been two weeks since I was released from prison, and it has been very interesting.

My Nana came back from her cruise, and was informed about how eventful my life has been lately.

I told my friends why I was really away, and they were outraged.

The Monday after I was freed, Samantha was arrested during school, lunch time to be exact. It definitely caused a scene. Before the police took her away, she told everyone the truth about everything. She kind of had to, because the whole school overheard the police telling her why she was being arrested. Her telling the truth gave her a chance to clean it up a bit. Samantha didn't even put up a fight, she willingly went in the handcuffs with a smug look on her face. I don't know why, but something about this did not sit right with me. People were shocked, and automatically expressed sympathy for everything she put me through. I appreciated it, but I didn't need it. I wouldn't take anything Samantha has done back, because then I wouldn't be able to watch my marvelous GOD bring me out of it.

After Samantha was arrested, my friends and I became very popular. This time it was in a good way. Something about your ex-boyfriend's crazy Baby Mama hiring someone to antagonize, stalk, and frame you makes people view you as some kind of hero.

I can't even count the amount of times people apologized to me for believing Samantha's lies.

Kailey Hylen even apologized for helping Samantha spread them. She claimed she didn't know they were lies. I told her I forgave her, and moved on with my life.

One might say everything is all good now, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I keep having this feeling all of this is not over, and it's so strong it's in my dreams.

My parents are making me go to therapy, because of these reoccurring nightmares. They believe that I have Post traumatic stress from my experience of being in jail. I keep explaining to them, even though it was hard, I had an easier time in there then most people do. They weren't buying it, so now I'm seeing a therapist.

I don't even think my therapist knows what she's doing, I'm pretty sure she asks me the same questions every time I go. She also stares at me like I'm some kind of science experiment. Maybe I am just being overly critical, because I'm so used to having the best therapist there is, JESUS.

I sigh, and get out of my bed. I walk across the hall to Nana's room. I'm going to sleep in there, because she always makes my nightmares go away. It's one of her magic grandma powers.

I slide in to her half cracked door, and gently climb in the bed. It's 3:00 in the morning, and I don't think she'll appreciate me waking her up.

I snuggle up to the pillows and close my eyes, at least now I'll sleep well.