Chapter 7

After Grant leaves me and my mom go shopping. I can tell she wants to get her mind off the burglary. Hey, I want to get it off my mine too.

We try on a whole bunch of clothes just for the heck of it. I have to admit my mom has a great figure for having gave birth to thirteen children.

We go to practically every store in the outlet. Of course, my mom being who she is, buys every single one of my brothers and sisters something. She bought stuff for my dad, herself, and I as well.

Finally we get to the car, and unload the village worth of stuff into the car.

"Mom, I think you could lead a tribe with all of this junk" I joke.

"Shush my family deserves nothing but the best" she waves me off.

I laugh, I love my mom.

As we are about to leave the parking lot I see a store that catches my eye.

CHRISTIAN WORTH

"Mom can I go in here?" I beg.

"Sure sweetie, do you want me to come in?" she asks.

I was about to say yes, but then I had a feeling I should do otherwise.

"It's ok Mom. I'm only running in real quick, can you stay and order the pizza." I say sweetly gesturing to the pizza place next door.

"Alright see you soon" she smiles

I go into Christian Worth, and look around. I mostly see books, religious jewelry, and figurines.

A beautiful cross necklace grabs my attention immediately. I run to it and hold it up in awe.

It was so gorgeous. It was sterling silver, with diamonds imbedded in it. The diamonds were amazing. The necklace was amazing. It was a beautiful way to portray GOD's symbol of love, the cross.

I was in love with it, and I must have it.

I turn the price tag over and reveal the price of $400.

I couldn't afford that! The job I had last summer only paid 7.50 an hour, and I worked 2 days out the week. I only made about $700 after taxes. Seeing how it's almost April, all that money was gone.

I needed to find a way to pay for this necklace.

'GOD, please let me find a way to get this piece of jewelry that represents you love for me through JESUS CHRIST.' I say in my mind.

I start to walk around the store, and I feel a tap on my shoulder.

I turn around startled. Standing there was a middle aged man in a uniform. I guess he works here. He had a really shiny bald spot. I kinda want to look at my reflection.

"Sorry to scare you miss, I just wanted to know if you were buying that necklace you were looking at."

"Unfortunately, I don't have the money right now, but I pray to get it soon." I said remembering my prayer to GOD.

"Ahh I see, it is a very expensive necklace, but maybe I could help you pay for it." The salesman states.

"Really how?" I ask skeptically.

"You could work here until you pay it off. It will take about three weeks if you work after school for two hours. You will also get the employee discount."

"Thank you so much!" I shout excitedly. I am going to get my necklace! Then I remember something, my mom has a strict rule about us working during the school year.

One time my brother Dj made a lemonade stand after school to get money for a new bike. My mom freaked out, and tore it down. She went on a rant about children's minds needing focus. She is not a very strict parent, but she will not go for me having this job.