Chapter 9

When I wake up the next morning I decide to do something different. I throw on some clothes, and put my hair in a sock bun.

I run downstairs, and find my house completely empty. My siblings, and my parents left.

This is awesome! The feeling of having the house to myself is just so nice. Too bad I wasn't staying.

I put some Eggos in the toaster. I sing 'You Deserve The Glory' as I wait for them.

I giggled when the toaster popped on "You are Great! You do Miracles so great!" perfect timing.

I grab my house keys, my purse, and my bus pass and run out the door.

I start walking to the bus stop around the corner. I have my driver's license, but I do not have a car, so it's pretty much useless.

Waiting for the bus to come, I think about what I am going to wear tonight. I really have nothing that comes to mind.

While processing my dilemma, I spot the number three coming down the street.

"Good morning." I say to the bus driver.

"Good morning Dear." He says back.

I take a seat in the back of the bus. When the next stop comes, a man gets on and takes a seat next to me.

"Good morning." I tell him.

"Hi." He says rudely.

'Show him my message' The voice inside my head said.

I pulled out 'For GOD so Loved The World' without hesitation. I carry it with me everywhere.

I tap the man's shoulder. "Sir, GOD wants me to share something with you."

"GOD? What GOD?" The man says brokenly.

My heart reaches out to him, I know that feeling is coming from ABBA.

"The GOD that loves you so much, that he asked me to share this with you." I smile.

"Ok. I Can't promise I'll buy into it." He says gruffly.

I hand him the piece of paper, and he snatches it out of my hand.

He sits there and reads it for a long time. No less than 5 minutes.

I wait patiently.

"Why Would he send you to tell me this?" He whispers. Great now he acknowledges there's a GOD!

"Because GOD really loves you. Trust me the love radiating off me for you is very strong right now, and it's coming from him. The best part is I'm only feeling a small portion of it."

The man just stares at me, he looks like he's about to cry. He raises his head to the ceiling of the bus and shouts "Thank you LORD!" My soul suddenly feels the need to do the same thing.

A couple of heads turn back, but we don't care we are basking in the love of GOD.

"My name is Christen." I say as I take a pen and write down my phone number. "Call me anytime you need me." I handed the piece of paper to him.

He smiles. "My name is Brett, and I will."

We enjoy the rest of the bus ride in comfortable silence.

I see my stop, and get out of my seat "Bye Brett." I wave.

"Bye Christen." He waves back.

I start walking down the street really happy with the work GOD did through me today. Nothing is more rewarding then allowing yourself to be open for GOD to use you.