Home

Real life

The break of daylight peeps in through the blinds making Anne frown waking up from the little sleep she gotten that might. "okay thank you Alison" Anne heard Phillips voice through the door outside their room in the relative house, she had a feeling what it was they were talking about.  Anne casts a hand up by her head, allowing it to cover her eyes from the morning sun. Fractals of rainbow light gleam upon the ceiling, she pushes herself up in bed, yawning to herself. Anne sits up, swinging her legs over the side of the bed, and rolls her shoulder to stretch them out as the bed isn't exactly the comfiest.

Phillip sighed opening the door " I didn't wake you up did I ?" He asked seeing his wife sitting on the bed " how bad?" Was all she asked. He sits down next to her taking her hand "there have been people lingering around" Anne sighed she knows what people he means " please tell me your joking babe" Anne pleaded. He shook his head saying no " fuck sake "she said in frustration " I know sweet I know but Alison is on it okay " he tried to reassure her " but it doesn't make it right though ! I mean she's still in the ICU for goodness sake !" She found it hard to contain her anger and the need to shout. She walked over to the sideboard clutching her hands in the edges in a temped to let her anger out. Phillip walked up behind planing his hand on her shoulder with his other hand he traced ' I love you ' on her back. That's simple gesture automatically made a small smile appear on Anne's face.

After more talking Anne calmed down, the familiar routine of being at the hospital for change over from night staff today staff came back into swing like deja vu. " ready ?" He asked Anne she simply nodded. They made a quick dash from the car park into the hospital, soon become merged into a sea of people. A short lift ride they got to the intensive care ward, they waited impatiently to let in " hi guys" the nurse says as she opened the door, Phillip placed his had on the small part of her lower back gesturing for his wife to go first. They walked over to Delilah's bed and instant panic when they couldn't see their daughter in bed, looking frantically around " dada" their heads whipped around knowing that soft voice. Their daughter was a stroller pushed by nurses  " yeah sweetheart there dada and momma " Anne walked over to her " she wanted a nose around the morning" she said as Anne kissing the top of her head " she's also going to get her chest drain out today we were just waiting for you to come in" the smile on Anne's face was of relief " did you need us to sign a form then ?" Phillip asked, " yeah come with me and we'll sort it out".

"you were so brave baby girl" both parents praised their daughter after the last stitch was sewn " it shouldn't be too long now for the doctor to come round, but your more than happy to have cuddles again just be careful, " the nurse said. It's been six days since they have been able to hold their daughter, Anne craved to hold her daughter again, to have her smell on her clothes again, to have Delilah play with her hair while having their cuddles before sleep. " hi rainbow" is all she could say as Delilah was placed in her arms by the nurse " thank you" Phillip says to the nurse as she walks away " sweet" Anne looked up to Phillip and smiled as she saw he had his phone out to take a photo. Anne did the same when Phillip was holding Delilah. Sending both photos to the group chat that instantly fluffed with joy. " Phillip your mom is outside," the nurse says looking at the post stick note she had in her hand " thank you" he smiles " did she bring the stuff ?" Anne asked " I think so sweet" Phillip kissed the top of her heard before waking out. They ask his mom to bring some more supplies for all three of them. "hi mom" he greeted his mom with a kiss on her cheek " hi sweetie, here's the things you asked for" she handed him the bag " oh your a life saver thank you, Delilah is being picky with food" he jokingly rolled his eyes making them chuckle.

" hi sweetheart" Ellenor greeted Anne " hi Ellenor" Anne hugged her " thanks for bringing her things" Anne says taking the bag so Ellenor is able to hold Delilah " oh don't thank you it's that most I can do" she had Delilah in her lap playing with her " hi Phillip and Anne" the couple turned to see the doctor walking up to them " hi dr" the three of them shake his hand " so the scans she had yesterday are great, no other issues since her chest drain came out I'll say she can go home tomorrow" the joy in their faces " now I can see you thinking why not now, because she's only had her chest drain, we just want to wait to make sure that everything is okay now she doesn't have the support of the drain" they nodded understandingly " thank you so much" All three said in unison " I'll see you all tomorrow before you leave" everyone check his hand before he left.

" have you been able to see noon ?" Ellenor asked " nonono" Delilah says repeating her grandmother everyone laughs " yeah baby noon you'll be able to see him soon" Anne rubbed her back " we've saw him a couple of day's ago they wanted to treat us to a real dinner" Phillip says " well if they want a break from noon I'm more then happy to take him while you all get settled back home" Anne smiles " I'll let them know Ellenor thank you". The four of them went to the canteen to get some food " hey sweet" Phillip said to get Anne's attention " Alison just sent me this for us to look over before she send it out" he passes his phone to her and take Delilah out of her lap.

''Anne and Phillip only asked of one thing from the press and that's to respect their decision on keeping their family privet, more so then ever at the moment. But again the press have failed to comply with one simple request, it's not just about Anne and Phillip but it's also about the entire hospital and their works, the patients who are in such a vulnerable situation and time in their lives.

The press didn't think about the effects it will have no just in Anne and Phillip but the whole hospital. There will be more security measure outside the hospital. If any press will be seen outside there will be further action taken at a later date.'

Anne huffed " wow she went for the kill didn't she" she handed back Phillip phone to him " I know, are you happy with it ?" Anne nodded " of course I mean she said what needed to be said right" he nodded agreeing " I'll tell her to send it out then" he kissed her forehead. Soon enough it was time to say goodbye and leave Delilah in the hospital for the last time, knowing that is what eased the heartache. They got back to their room, Anne was sat on the bed looking through today's photos and replying to the group chat " she sure dose love your mum babe" she said laughing at the photos of them two " she's got everyone wrapped round little finger honestly" he laughed so more. Phillip admired his wife, he could see the light back in her eyes for the first time since everything happened " I love you" She smiled at her husband lovingly. Phillip brought Anne back on her feet smiling as he cradled her face on both hands leaning in placing a long loving gentle kiss on her lips. Anne smiles as she pulls away, Phillip said with his hands now placed on her hips stroking them gently " mom also said she's done us some diners ready for us when we come home tomorrow" Anne lent her forehead against his " we go home tomorrow" she sighed he kissed her forehead " we sure are sweet, we sure are"

The following morning, the excited parents didn't waist time, bags were packed and they were out of their room before nine o'clock. They walked hand in hand into the hospital " hey sweet "Anne turned her head and smiled as she saw his phone pointing at her " what are we doing today ?" He asked making Anne laugh " we get to take our rainbow back home" the smiles beamed of her face " is that today ?" He teased " yes !" They both laughed. Phillip stop recording and sent it to the group chat. It's save to say everyone was on close nine about Delilah coming home.

A/N so.... hi ! I can only apologise for not updating sooner but you know life uno all that stuff that needed my time at attention but sine in lockdown I'm back ! Thank you for continuing to read vote and comment on chapters means the world x