I'm Going

Real Life

Phillip our his phone back in his pocket running his hands through his hair then over his face. The hotel small conference room opened " Phillip, this is Hollie from bustle" Alison announced " Hollie, hi I'm Phillip" he gracelessly " I'm so sorry but I'm going to have to cancel the interview" Alison eyes widened in terra and shock, she pulled him aside " Phillip are you" he cut her off " ladybug is in hospital " her face dropped "I'm going and nothing can stop me" she nodded " Hollie I'm so sorry" he turned back to the reporter " oh don't apologise, whatsoever happened I hope it will all be okay" Phillip takes a breath " I hope so too" he says before leaving the room.

By the time he left the building, PT was already waiting for him with his bag and passport " don't worry I'll sort everything else out just go" PT said closing the car door. Time felt like it was dragging but flew by at equal measures, constantly in contact with Anne or WD with updates. He didn't realise he arrived at the privet part of the airport, dashing out of the car onto the plane.

The beeping became less ear piercing after countless of hours. Anne constantly checked her phone, not only for something to do but to see if any news from Phillip " daddy will be here soon ladybug" she kissed her sleeping daughters forehead. " I'm so sorry sir but visiting hours are overcome back tomorrow afternoon" Anne heard the commotion, she looked at the time - 12.15 am her phone clock read, she rubbed her eyes I can't believe I fell asleep she thought to herself " I want to see my daughter I just got here I was away" then it hit Anne; she knew that's voice

Phillip was here.

Quietly making her way out of the privet room, stood in the hallway just outside of the room " Philip" she said gaining his attention, he turns around seeing his face she felt some relief knowing she isn't alone. He walks up to her dropping the bag of things he collected at home instantly cupping her face, he felt the dampness from the fallen tears " your here" is all she could say before his lips touched her in the soft long kiss; holding her face in both hands " of course" their forehead touches "how is she" he asked moving some hair out of her and placed it behind her ears " she's still asleep, she's been asking for you".

Walking into the darken room his heart insanely sunk into his stomach, his daughter: their daughter laying in bed looking so small, smaller then what she was. Looking so vulnerable. Memories rushed back from when she was born, Anne took his hand reassuringly. He walked closer to the sleeping girl, he lighting stroked her soft cheek working his away up to her moms like hair, fingers running through the curls "dada" both parents looked at each other " yeah ladybug dadas here " Phillip was first to embrace their daughter soon followed by Anne. Sharing a family hug is something both Anne and Phillip needed, the couple months I love you to each other while still holding their child.

" I got all the stuff" Phillip moved away from Delilah trying not to wake her " and " he pulled out her bunny " you found it !" She said trying not to wake Delilah up " it was hidden between the couch cushions," he said putting the toy next to his daughter before making her way to the pull out bed " she'll be over the moon when she wakes up seeing him there" she laughed slightly " you okay sweet?" He asked " I am now your here because babe I don't know how " Phillip pulled Anne into his lap, Anne took cover in the curve of his neck sobbing quietly " oh baby" Phillip blinked away the tears pulling her close to him as they lay down " I'm here now no matter how long I'm here " he says softly stroking her hair " now why don't we try and get some sleep in that pull out next to ladybug" Anne simply nodded.

The anxious parents didn't sleep, always being disturbed by people coming in doing checks on their daughter, in the end, they just made pointless conversations repeating stuff they already said in a text or phone conversation. Anne went down to the cafeteria while Phillip waited with Delilah wanted some father-daughter time, as she was in the cue to pay for the black coffee and a vanilla latte when her phone went off. It was a text from Phillip

baby, I think you need to come back here, they'll be taking her down in the next half an hour. It will be okay I love you.

Heart fell into her stomach while beating fast at the same time. Putting the coffees down and instantly walking out of the cafe going to the nearest elevator frantically pushing the button " come on!" She continues to press the button "Fuck it" Anne said out loud in frustration at the elevator being so slow. Her only option was the stairs.

After Conquering the what feels like endless levels of stairs, Anne got to the paediatrics ward " there's mommy" Phillip says seeing Anne run into the room " thank god you haven't left yet" Anne said scooping Anne from Phillip's arms kissing her forehead " did you want to go down with her ?" Phillip hates asking that question " we'll go together as a family" Anne said as her eye glazed over with tears. And that's what they did, together as a family they battled the walk down to the operating room, with Anne and Phillip either side of the bed trying not to cry in front of Delilah rubbing her arms or hair to distract her. Once Delilah was under anaesthetic they both kissed thier daughters forehead " we'll take care of her" the aneastist resured the parents before they walked out.

Soon as the door cloeses Phillip automaiclty pulled Anne into his emprace, an heart breaking cry echoched the corridor " sweetheart it's going to be all okay" he says so softly reassuring her, also him at the same time as silent tears ran down his checks. Anne continue to lean on phill so shoulder as they walked away have a Déjà Vu moment to when they were in this moment the first time. They sat in the cafeteria finally getting those coffees they song waited for, with the company of WD - only making small pointless conversation about the weather.

Four hours felt like a lifetime waiting; Anne's phone rang vibrating the table catching everyone's attention, Anne looked at Phillip sharply taking a deep breath as he grasped her hand " hello?" She answered " Anne hi it's Libby Delilah is out and in recovery" Anne's eyes shut letting hold of the breath with her shoulders falling down Phillip squeeze her hand " thank you so much we'll be up there in a minute" Anne replied " okay see you soon, your welcome" Anne hung up " rainbow is out and in recovery" she announced. Her arms latched around Phillips neck " I told you" Phillip whispered in her ear kissing her exposed neck " now lets go see our ladybug" Anne nodded as she pulled away.

" remember sweet they'll be loads of tubes and beeping okay" Anne nodded understanding what Phillip is saying, she pressed the buzzer and waiting for a nurse to let them in; luckily they didn't have to wait long for someone to let them into the word " she did great the surgeon will be round to see you guys in a bit" the nurses says as she leads them to their daughter " now we've still got her under anaesthetic but that will only last a day or two at the least" the parents nodded.

'She looks so small' is what Anne instantly thought when she saw her daughter for the first time in what seems like a life time " hi baby girl" Phillip said taking the sleeping toddlers hand " you take your time lady bug we'll be here waiting".