Exclusive

Interview

Phillip Carlyle a multi-platinum-selling recording artist, beloved by millions who f people around the world, With over 90 million followers combined, he shortly gaining the title ' heartthrob'. He's giving us a song like ' the greatest show ' and the beautiful love song ' rewrite the stars' featuring Pia Mia and his new number one song ' Rewrite This Story ' that debuted number one on the billboard top 200 and number 1 on the world iTunes.

When I got the word I was doing this article and interview I felt so honoured, I was sworn to secrecy about this interview which makes me more exciting. It wasn't just an interview; it's the first joint interview with Phillip and his girlfriend Anne Wheeler, who was a trapeze artist on Phillips ' the circus king tour ' a year and a half ago, now she teaches trapeze at a local school but still does concerts. She had an older brother named WD who is also a trapeze artist and went on tour as well. The only condition was that the interview would take place in their favourite cafe in Seattle.

It's 10.30 am and the couple were right on time Phillip opened the door for her, the first thing I noticed about them as they walked into the cafe is how natural they look together, all smiling for ear to ear and laughing, when people say they're ' goals material ' they aren't wrong, I would go as far as to say they are the definition of ' relationship goals '. Anne wore an oversized T-shirt which I suspect to be Phillips with ripped jeans with her hair up in Dutch plates, when Phillip wore a simple white T-shirt and ripped jeans, another reason why they're ' goals' with matching outfits.

M: so take me back all the way back to the beginning
A: Well it's been just and my brother for like 11 nearly 12 years now, we both started trapeze as a hobby we when was younger our parents used to take us to classes on the weekend.
P: well I used to take part in school production I was the tin man once at a local theatre school I just had the stage bug from an early age then I just used to bust on the street in New York for a few years then a video went up one year and here we are.
M: Anna when did you and your brother started doing your own shows?
A: well at the emerald city here the school I teach at, they have connections on an agency and that's really how it started then we got asked to go around the country to do workshops, actually, that's how we got found for Phillips tour.
M: really did you see them then Phillip?
P: No, I was in New York but the choreographer of the tour came out here to look for dancers and stuff that how came across Anne and WD. I didn't see them till the first week of rehearsals.
M: and what was it like teaching Phillip some trapeze?
A: well it was the first time I did anything like that, he was actually the one to come to me first about teaching him.
M: And what made you do that Phillip?
P: Well once's I saw her I was amazed by the things she and her brother could do, we've been struggling to think of how we would perform ' Rewrite The Stars ' and once I saw the trapeze I know that's what I wanted in the show.
M: What was he like as a student?
A: He was good he got things easily he has good upper body strength which made it easier for him and for me
P: There was definitely lots of bruises along the way especially when it came to us flying to each other the number of times we crashed into each other.
M: What was she as a teacher Phillip?
P: She was a great teacher she wouldn't move on to the next thing until she saw I could do it safely and comfortable with it she was very patient as well she didn't rush anything either.
M: And which do you prefer to do teaching or performing trapeze?
A: That's difficult because I love both, I love seeing these kids have the same rush I get and they're faces when they feel free in the air there's nothing like the feeling an I love performing it I feel so free I could literally spend the day just sitting in the hope and there's nothing like performing with my brother and all the overs.
P: She could really I remember on tour there was this one show where we didn't know where she was then all we heard was laughter from above we looked up and there was it turns out she was there for like an hour just sitting there.
M: And when did you know there was something there between you two?
P: Well for me when I first saw her I was taken away by her it was like my eyes opened the first time and I just knew I needed to get to know her no matter what I would need to do.
A: For me, I can't pinpoint the exact moment but I think it was around the time Phillip asked for a lesson then things sort started.
M: Of course Phillip your best friend P.T started posting photos of you two
P: Yeah he did I think he knew something was there between us before we even did
A: I think everyone did, to be honest
P: I also think it was his way of getting me to do something about it.
M: How did you feel at first when he started posting the photos?
P: Well first I know he was joking but at the same time I wanted to kill him especially after everything I wanted this to be different to before wanting to keep it more privet and ours - hence why I tweeted about not wanting to disclose the label, yes we post photos on Instagram and whatever but it's only what we want to share
A: This was a whole new thing for me I didn't exactly know what to do or how to handle it but the one thing I didn't know is that I wanted it to be ours  
M: What did you do for your first date?
P: Well we were on tour at the time I can't remember where we were but I surprised her at a restaurant.
A: I was first told I was meeting my brother at the restaurant but then Phillip showed up and not WD, it was simple but romantic
M: Hope this is okay to ask, the situation with Jenny Lind.
P: That was something I think definitely tested us but at the same time it showed how strong of a couple we are
A: I believe that things happen for a reason no matter if they're good or bad, there's a bigger reason or pitcher to it and like Phillip said it did show how strong we are, now I feel like we could face anything together.
M: It would have been so easy for it to be a negative thing, how did you make sure it didn't become that?
A: We didn't dwell on it, yes it was awful but it taught us so much about our relationship that helped us grow as a couple to get stronger together.
P: And another thing is that we communicated as well and I think that's the key to a successful relationship.
M: Anne since your relationship started you've been getting more hate, how did you deal with that and continue to keep a positive attitude?
A: I've never really been bothered about it you now not everyone is going to like you, but at the same time getting it on a larger scale hit me you know it's not like try not in high school and the popular don't like you because after 5 years you won't see them again so it definitely was hard at first but now I just don't take notice really
P: The way I told her is that if our real fans support us and friends and family do as well that's all that matters.
M: Will you go back on tour with your new album?
P: Definitely I love touring yes it's very tiring but it's so worth it seeing the fans out there every night singing along to the songs nothing can bet that.
M: Your new song is out now, what inspired you with writing the song
P: A lot really, a lot of emotions on how I wanted to change the narrative in my life getting back some control over it. I think a lot of people could relate to the song.
M: What could fans expect from the new album?
P: A new type of sound for me definitely more row with emotions there's definitely a song for everyone on the album.
M: Have you heard the album yet Anne?
A: Mo I keep on nagging him about it but he's a perfectionist so when he things are ready will be when I get to hear it but I have heard one or two and he's right it's definitely a new sound for him they're great. But I know some stuff he's got planned
M: So what's next for you two?
A: For me now just teaching some other few things but mostly just teaching
P: For me just got new music coming out a few shows planned.
M: And what about you as a couple?
P: Who knows really, I think we're really good at the moment I think we're in no rush to do anything you know.
A: I believe that if things aren't broken don't mess with them so I think when we're ready we'll do the next step.
M: Where would you want to be 10 years from now?
A: Well I would still want to be teaching and doing trapeze in anyway
P: Still doing music in some ways or another
M: We can't wait to see what you both for planed, it's been a pleasure meeting you both
P: Thank you
A: Thank you

They were so lovely to interview the most relaxed one I have ever done in my career. After we finished the interview the couple stayed for a little longer, told me some more things off the record as we drank our coffees and let me just say, to anyone who doesn't like them together with your wrong. They're so made for each other it's unbelievable, it's like the couples you see in the movies, all loved up always smiling. I'm in awe with their relationship and everyone else should be too.

Phillips new single ' Rewrote This Story ' is out now available on iTunes and streaming services.