It Just Gets Worse And Worse

Real Life

" Alison is on her way sweet, we will fix this don't you worry" Phillip held her in his hands softly stroking her cheeks " I know it's just" Phillip cut in " you feel like eyes are on you everywhere you go and that Delilah and us got violated " Phillip said Anne took a deep breath before nodding her head " I feel the same but I swear to you I'll do anything to protect her and you" Phillip reassured her " wait didn't you say there's a law protecting children of public figures ? " she asked " yeah I did sweet " he said Anna raised her eyebrows " are you sure you want to go down that road ? " he asked " well it's an option don't you think, they pretty much exploited our daughter, Phillip, just to sell papers and to get reads in their crap websites" she said with a hint of angry " hey hey come here" phillip moves his hands from her face to her waist pulling her into his chest wrapping his wean between her neck and shoulders " I promise I will sort this out no matter what we have to do" Anna nodded.

Soon enough Alison arrived at their flat " Hi Alison " Anne greeted her with s kiss on her cheek " Hi Anne " she replied " and look how big Delilah has gotten " Alison said looking at Delilah in her mother's arms " do you want to hold her ?" Anne asked. Alison nodded, Anne pasted Delilah into Alison already open arms " hi missy" Alison said Delilah started to grab her glasses " no " Alison said softly " so sorry she's at the grabbing stage" Anne apologise " Oh don't be sorry" Alison says.

" Hi Alison," Phillip says as he walks into the room giving her a kiss on the check " Hi Phillip, now that your both here we should talk," Alison said Phillip took Anne's had given it a reassuring smile and light squeeze. The three sat down on the sofa with Delilah on the floor on her multicoloured play ring. " now these are the options we have, option one is that we talk to the new outlet who published the photo to make a statement of apology or we go down the more legal road that means filling a lawsuit under the privacy act and for causing emotional distress" Alison said looking at her notepad.

The couple looked at each other " what one would you say will be better for us ?" Phillip asked " it depends on what you want, but as your publicist doing a statement will be better but as your friend I want them to pay for doing this to you guys" the three laughed lightly making the horrible situation a little lighter. " can we think about it? Or do we need to make a choice now ?" Anne asked " by all means, think about it it's a big decision but rest assure I will protect you no matter what you decide," Alison said firmly " thank you, " Phillip said.

After Alison left Anne put Delilah down for a nap, once she was finally asleep she walked back to the living room she laid long ways on the sofa leaning on Phillips side. Phillip traces patterns softly on her exposed shoulder " so what's going on in the pretty mind of yours " he kissed the top of her head getting a quick smell of her sweet strawberry shampoo " I really don't know what to do" she sighed " I want this to be over and done with as soon as possible but on the other hand I want them to suffer the consequences" she said " I know you do and I want that as well" Phillip agreed " I think we have our answers " Phillip kissed the top of her head again " I think we do sweet I'll let Alison know then" he said " it is the right decision right" she asked unsure " It is darling I want them to pay for this just as much as you do" he said " okay them make the call to Alison".

Laying in bed looking up at the ceiling, Anne still felt like there were always eyes on her, making her feel anxious all the time wanting to protect Delilah more so now. A million questions and scenarios ran through her head ' what will the media think ?' Are we really doing the right thing?'.  The sounds of Delilah's cried echoed through the quiet flat, Anne gently moved out of Phillips embrace and walked down to Delilah's room with noon by her side.

Anne picks her daughter up slowly and carefully out from her cot " hey baby girl shhhhhh "  she cooed rocking her slightly  " you can't sleep either, just like mommy" she said softly while running her hand over the check. Phillip rolled over to find Anne's side is the bed empty, he knew where she would be instant. Phillip walked up Delilah's room quietly wanting to listen to the conversation " you know I love you so much and will do anything to protect you ladybug" Anne says like she's going to get a reply from her daughter " momma" was all Delilah said making both Phillip and Anne smile.

Phillip walked into the room " are my girls okay ?" Phillip asked quietly as he saw Delilah was falling back to sleep " yeah she was just restless" She said looking at the sleeping baby in her arms " and what about you sweet?" he asked walking into the room and up to the rocking chair, he stroked the back of her head " I'm dreading what's about to come that's all. I'm worried about seeing stories about our daughter online" she sighed " so am I sweet,  why don't you stay home today and spend the day with her. I can call work for you and say your not well" Phillip offered " would that be okay? I don't feel like I can leave the house without feeling like eyes are on me" Anne said honestly " of course it's fine sweetheart" He kissed the back of her head " now come let's get back to bed".

Anne places Delilah lighting back into her crib placing a light kiss on her forehead, Phillip took Anne's hand and laced his fingers with hers walking her back to their bedroom. Her rested head on Phillips toned chest after losing herself the sound of his steady heartbeat, after forty-five minutes of Phillip soothingly stroking her hair and tracing patterns on her bare shoulder she finally fell back to sleep.

Phillip looked at Anne sleep on his arms and can't help but feel responsible for all this heartache and stress he picked up how phone from the bedside table trying not to move Anna as much sending a quick text to Alison and WD letting them know what's going on. He looked over Anne's shoulder looking at the baby monitor seeing their daughter asleep cuddling up to her teddy bear he sighed contently " I will fix this" he whispered kissing her forehead before falling asleep himself.

Anne woke up to the smell of chocolate pancakes being made; her favourite. She put on one of Phillips hoodies she has had since they started dating. " I know you want some of these ladybugs these are mommy favourite but I think you should stick to your toast" Phillip said Anne stood by the doorway admiring the scene unfolding in front of her eyes, she couldn't help but smile " you better not stand there for much longer if you want these pancakes" Phillip teased knowing she was watching. Anne walking into the kitchen playing a kiss on Delilah's head before walking over to Phillip. She warped her arms around his torso " morning " Phillip places a kiss on Anne's lips " I phoned Emerald already " he announced, " were they okay about it ?" Anne asked " yeah sweet they were fine" he reassures her " so what have you got in planned for your mommy-daughter day ?" He asked as he puts the plate of pancakes down on the table " I don't know just she's what she wants to do" Anne said " well I don't know where she gets her bossiness and sass from" he smirked " hey !" Anna laughed.

After they finished breakfast Phillip left to go to rehearsal for concerts and performances coming up. Anne decided as it was a gloomy day in Seattle it would be best if she and Delilah stay at home, doing colouring, playing with noon and watching endless Disney movies; a perfect day.

The door knocks Anne looked at the time ' it's a little early for Phillip to be home but they must have finished early' she thought " baby girl I think I that's daddy who forgot his keys again " Delilah laughed " daddy is silly isn't he " Delilah continues to laugh making Anne smile " did you forget your keys again " She said as she opened the door her heart dropped to her stomach " are you expecting my son ? " She pulled Delilah closer to her in a protective way.

" What are you doing here?" Anne asked the woman that she hasn't seen since the hospital all that time ago " well um " she said nervously " I saw the headlines and wanted to make sure you three are all okay" Anne scoffed lightly " wow that's the first " Anna said rolling her eyes " and I would love a relationship with my son again and my granddaughter" she said looking at Delilah in Annes' arms " really after everything you and your husband done" Anne was cut off before she could finish " I left him  months ago after I found out he came here and treated you" She sighed " I'm sorry for everything".  Anne couldn't believe what she just heard " don't you think its a little too late for that" Anne said, she was going to close the door before the door was stopped by a foot " please Anne" she begged. " You got five minutes," She said opening the door to let her walk-in " thank you," She said smiling.