It Turned Out Okay In The End

Three weeks have passed since Phillips mom showed up at their door, Anna and Phillips's mom. Now they regularly meet up either at the new flat she recently brought or she goes to Anna and Phillips when he's out; Annah hates lying to him but it is still early days and for all Anna knows she could go back to her old ways, that is ever so vivid in the couple's minds, she didn't want to put Phillip though all that emotions again.

" Hi Mrs Carlyle" Anna greeted her as she opened the door " Oh Anna dear please call me Ellenor" she gave annas hand a loving squeeze "now where is my grandbaby," she asked " shes in the living room with noon" they laughed " not surprised " they laughed some more " um can I ask you a favour" Anna asked nervously as they walked down the small hallway " of course, what is it ?" she asked " well I need to go to my brothers to pick up some stuff, so can you watch her ? I'll be like 30 minutes tops" Anna said. Ellenor picked up Delilah from the floor " of course I don't mind, We're going to have grandma and Delilah time" she cooed the smiling toddler that was placed on her hip.

When Anna hers Ellenor say ' Grandma' it makes her heart ache even more, she misses her mom so much. Sometimes she would tell Delilah stories of her and her mom, she often shows Delilah photos that are around the house of her parents. Even though they aren't alive she wants Delilah to know she had two grandparents.

" I'll be back soon baby girl, enjoy having time with your grandma" Anna gave Deliah a kiss on her forehead " no need to rush Anna we'll be fine won't we " she cooed at Delilah. Anna waved goodbye one last time before closing the door. She drove to W.D house only 10 minutes away but all she could think about if she did the right thing by leaving Delilah with Ellenor but she wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt.

She knocked on the door "it's open!" Mallory shouted, " hi, it's only me!" Anna announced as she walked through the door " Anna hi" Mallory greeted her with a hug " hey I'm just here to pick up some stuff W.D said I forgot" Anna says looking around trying to see what she could have forgotten " yeah you left some of her clothes that one time she was really sick and used our washing machine" they girls laughed. Anna followed Mallory into the utility room " has Phillip got Delilah at the moment ?" Mallory asked as she was putting the clothes into a bag, " um no Phillips mom has her" Anna said shyly " you what !" Mallory said half shouting " I know I'm so stupid aren't I " Anna says " when and who did she come back? How is Phillip ?" She asked Anna " well a few weeks ago she knocked at the door and I thought it was Phillip and here we are and Phillip doesn't know" Mallory looked shocked even more "you're kidding me, Anna !" Mallory says annoyed " I know I know! I'm the worst fiancée ever" Anna sighed " your not hun " Mallory says squeezing her hand " I'm sure you know what you're doing but you've got to tell him" Anna nodded.

After a long rehearsal, Phillip finally home " hey sweet, I heard from The Rox Bury barn" he said as he walked into through the door " whats The Roz Bury Barn" the sound of all to familiar voice made him stop in his tracks dropping his heavy gym back on the floor. He turned around bracing himself to see his mom he hasn't seen in over a year but nothing could prepare him to see her holding his daughter " what are you doing here? and what are you doing holding my daughter? you better have not said anything to Anna I swear to god"  He quickly got Delilah out of her arms " Anna had to pop out to her brothers and I didn't say a word to Anna, I came here to apologise to you both and I want to get know my granddaughter" she said honestly " wait Anna didn't tell you did she" a shocked look rushed over her face " told me what?' Philip asked, " I've been here for weeks now". 

Phillip grimmest at his mom, he hears the door locked click " Ellenor I'm back" Anna announced, her heart dropped when she saw Phillip gym bag on the hallway floor as soon as she walked into the living room hers and Phillps eye met she could see the upset and anger placed all over his face " I better leave you two alone" Ellenor says she picks up her bag " thank you" Anna said as she walked past, all Ellenor did was simply nodded and smiled. Phillip put Delilah down on her playmate while his mom walked out of the door "Anna" Phillip said seriously " I'm sorry" was the first thing Anna said " She knocked the door a few weeks ago and apologised " Phillip cut in before she could say anything else "and how could you possibly forgive her after everything she has done to me, to you and to us! " he said " I have nowhere near forgiven her Phillip ! I know what she and your father done to us I won't ever forget that" her voice cracked "  I hated keeping it from you" Phillip walked over to her cupping her cheek with one hand while the free hand wiped away the tears running down her face " all I want to know sweet is why you didn't tell me sooner, I was so worried when I came home and you weren't here and she had ladybug in her arms" he rested his forehead on hers " I didn't want to tell you and then to see you upset again if she went back to her old self, I couldn't see you go through that again" she said honestly " I love you for that " Anna let out a sigh of relief " I know your sorry" he kissed her forehead " today was the first time I left her with Delilah she doesn't have a key and I locked the door from the outside, so she couldn't go anywhere " a devilish smile came on Annas face " that's my girl".

" The Ros Bury Barn phoned," Phillip said wanted to change the subject " what did they say ?" she said picking up Delilah " I booked us in to go and see it next weekend but it looks like it's free for the date" Anna smile grow wider and wider " really " she asked, Phillip nodded Anna ran up to Phillip jumping knit his arms squealing with excitement.

After they put Delilah for an afternoon nap Phillip and Anna sat down on the sofa having the television on low in the background " where's my moms hotel ?" He asked breaking the comfortable silent " it's two blocks away the wellington" she said " I might go and see her tomorrow" Anna was shocked, she never thought she would hear them words come out of Phillips mouth. She kissed his check " you know I love you" she said smiling " and you know I love you more soon to be mrs Wheeler" a like smirked formed while he played with the engagement ring.