Finally Some Good News

It's been three weeks since Delilah was born and was still in the hospital, it began to feel like she'll never come home. " how was her night?" Phillip asked the nurse " good no blips and she's officially off the beta blockers" the excitement beamed on the couple faces " so if you want you can take her out for a little bit just need to take the oxygen with you" Anna looked at Phillip not knowing what to say " are you sure?" Phillip asked " yeah I'm sure," the nurse said smiling to the couple. Anne quickly dressed Delilah into a pink and navy oak leaf baby grow whole Phillip got some toys for her and the oxygen.

Anne had Delilah in her arms as they walked out of intensive care for the first time, yes it was only for a little while but it felt like the first step in three weeks to getting home as a family. First, they went to the cafe that served the real coffee, they sat on the sofa at the back of the cafe Phillip had Delilah laying on his lap his legs rocking his slightly while shaking rattle keys making her laugh. Then they went to the playroom where they were a soft play area " should we go and play bug?" Anne asked. Phillip watched Anne interact with their daughter, how Anne was a born natural mother she was already, how she was playing with her so softly and gently. Phillip couldn't help but take photos to acceptor this moment.

Anne could tell Delilah was getting tired, so they packed up her toys and headed back to the word. " how was your afternoon out?" Jodie the nurse asked " really great " Anne said smiling looking down at Delilah asleep in her arms. They put her back in the incubator " Lettie and Charity are here" Phillip said looking at his phone " I'll go and get them" she pecked Phillips lips before leaving the word. Anne headed out o the paediatric word to meet the two girls outside in the waiting area " hi hun" Lettie hugged her  " hi" Anne replied smiling "your smiling" Charity said " well we took Delilah out today" Anne got out her phone to show them some photos of their day " oh Anne she looks like you " Charity said " she has Phillips' eyes's" Anne hoped she would; shes always loved them blue eyes so dreamy. They walked into the intensive care word saying hi to the nurse they all came to know.

" hows noon? feels like forever since I've seen him" Anna said " he's good WD said when we phoned him this morning, he will be here later on with Mallery" Charity said " They've gotten serious haven't they"  Lettie said " she's lovely, WD always comes with something she baked" Phillip said, Anne, sitting down on his lap he wrapped his arms around her waist " and how are you two doing?" Lettie asked Phillip rubbed Anne's thigh softly " not too bad, feels like we haven't slept in like a year but she's getting stronger each day we come so," Anne said shrugging shoulders " taking her out today felt like the first step to getting her home, " Phillip said smiling " when do you have to go back " Anne asked not wanting to know " in two days, I wish I could stay longer" Lettie said Anne got up from Phillips lap to give Lettie a hug " it means so much that you even came home" Lettie hugged Anne tighter " of course I would have".

Visiting hours are over and WD left with Mallory; who gave the couple some fresh cinnamon rolls. Phillip changed Delilah for bed while Anne packed up their stuff; phone chargers and Delilah toys and dirty clothes. They were just about to leave when they got stopped by a nurse " Anne and Phillip there's a spare room in the relative house if you want it" it didn't take long for an answer " yes please if that's okay" Phillip said, " okay just follow me".  They followed the nurse to the main reception where they filled out some paperwork for the room.

They didn't have much on them; no toiletries and spare clothes only their dads phone chargers and Delilah cloths. But luckily when they go to their room, in the wardrobe there were some simple clean pyjamas and in the bathroom was some mini bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash also with toothbrushes and toothpaste. There were one double bed and a one seater sofa all in this small room. Anne and Phillip laid down on the bed fade to face; Phillip softly tracing patterns on her arm Anne sighed getting lost in the feeling.