All A Blure

Real Life

Anne was officially 3 days overdue, to say she's feeling uncomfortable is an understatement; her swollen ankles and aching back have started to get to her, yes Phillip says ' it will be worth it sweet' whenever he tunes her feet or her back. Anna knew he was right but at the moment it didn't seem like this.

Anne was up making herself a cup of tea when she reached up to get a cup a sharp pain like a muscle spasm but she's thought it was just a typical pregnancy thing.  Phillip heard the faint sounds of the tv in the living room, he wasn't always a light sleeper but since that time when he heard her being sick in the middle of the night, he's always kept an ear out for Anne. He put on his dressing-gown before walking to the living room.

" You look beautiful this morning" Anne turned her head to the door smiling at Phillip as he continued to walk into the room " you say that everyday when I'm like a whale" She laughed Phillip sits down next to her on the sofa lifting her legs up into his lap instantly starting rubbing her feet " Thad because your always beautiful " Anne smiled blushing, it amazes her that over a year and a half two pregnancies later Phillip still finds ways to make her blush.

Another cramp hit Anne's body making her body bolted up putting hand in her stomach she silently grunted not wanting to scare Phillip who was making breakfast, when the pain subsided she guy up from the sofa and walked to the kitchen noon walking beside her. " good timing sweet, the waffles are ready" he announced " they smell good" she said sitting down on the small table. When Phillip sat down opposite from her he noticed he was fidgeting a lot like she was uncomfortable and her eyes say she's in pain " you sure you're okay? You don't look it darling" Phillip said worryingly " yeah babe just uncomfortable" Phillip takes her hand and gently rubbed her knuckles.

They sat back down on the sofa watching stranger things for the millionth time, it's safe to say they love it but Anne soon feel asleep in Philips lap as he continued to stroke her hair. He continued to watch stranger things but when he heard noon scratching at the door he knew he wanted to go out. Phillip slowly removed himself from Anna trying not to wake her up, he puts her head on the pillow and placed a blanket over her. He kissed her head before leaving a note telling her where he's gone just in case she woke up and he wasn't there " shhh" he hushed the excited barking dog.

Anna soon woke up reading the note next to her on the sofa ' just taken noon out I won't be long love you p x' she put down the paperback on the table she rubbed her stomach like she normally does whenever she gets up as she eat yo stand up a sharp pain hit her stomach once again but different this time more dominated more of a kick that winds you. 

She picked up her phone to phone Phillip, she clicked on his contract and it starts to ring and ring until it hit voicemail Anna sighed " Hi babe I'm just not to worry you but come home soon I think rainbow wants to meet us love you" she hung up her phone, returning to the breathing techniques she learnt from Lamaze. It wasn't long before Anna knew it was definitely contractions the pain soon became very 15 minutes more and more hurtful every time but still no Phillip. She picked up her phone for the fourth time " babe if your phones on silent this is the worst time get back now!" She said frustratingly, grunting in pain.

The front door opened " buddy I think someone's up" Phillip said to the dog excitedly " ugh about freakin' time" Anne shouted Phillip ran into the living room " I've been trying to phone you for the past 45 minutes where the hell you been" she scorched Phillip " I took out noon I left you a note" Phillip said trying to calm her down " you started contractions haven't you" Phillip said as Anne held his hand squeezing his hand so tight " yep there now under 20 minutes apart I phoned the hospital already" Phillip nodded to her he started to walk her to the door picking up the hospital bag and the car seat that was in the shoe cupboard.

Soon enough they were at the hospital and checked into the maternity ward, the doctor just finished her examination Anne was only 5 centimetres dilated " should we do the name cards" Phillip asked " "Are you sure?" Anne asked as he nods, sits on the bed opposite of me. As they did it know the gender of their baby they thought it would be far if they picked two girl names two boy names.

"On 3," Anne say as I take a deep breath

"1"

"2"

"3," they say together and flip the cards facing us.

"Delilah Claire Carlyle" for a girl  "Clair for your mum," Phillip said Anne nodded and Delilah for my cousin" she added for a boy " Corner George Carlyle " Anna looked at Phillip is disbelief " George as in." Phillip nodded " after your dad" he did he'd her sentence. Anne warped her arms around Phillip "I love you, Phillip." Anne whispered "I love you too"

More hours of agonising pain and waiting, Anne felt like all the woman that was in semi privet room with her all had their babies before her but all of a sudden she was rushed into the delivery room. It was all a blur, but the next thing Anne knew, She could hear the weak sound of a baby crying. Instantly crying herself tears of happiness and exhaustion, Phillip moved the sweaty strand of hair away from her face Anne could see tears running down Phillips face as well " congratulations mommy and daddy it's a girl" the doctor said as he placed the tiny baby in Anne's arms. Anne breath gets caught as she looks at the baby " we're just going to give her a check over, Phillip you can come with us if you want it won't be long"  the nurse said smiling " will you be okay ?" Phillip asked Anne " yeah babe I'll be fine" Anna reassured him " we won't be long" Phillip missed her sweaty forehead before taking his daughter from Anne's arms.

Phillip followed the nurse to the exam room just outside the delivery room, he placed her gently in the crib and watched from the side m at the burrs did the checks. But suddenly Phillip could see the worry look on the nurse and his heart instantly started to best fast " is everything okay" he asked the nurse, she put the stethoscope back around her neck " I'll be back in a moment" the nurse said. Soon enough the nurse came back with another nurse and a doctor " hi you must be dad" the doctor said it was the first time he was addressed as ' dad' " yeah that's me" Phillip said " your right" the doctor said to the nurse she put on the on oxygen and placed it over Delilah's nose. Panic ran through Phillips gains as he watched all the craziness unravel in front of him " Mr Carlyle" the doctor pulled Phillip out of his daze " I know this is a lot to take in and your scared right now but your daughters heart pulmonary valve isn't opening enough to get blood flow to the lungs back to the heart, so, unfortunately, she's going to be rushed into surgery right now"