Nightmare Dressed A a Daydream

Panic started to rush through her body. All the what ifs went over and over in her mind as she stared at the test with two pink lines "Shit" Anne mumbled to herself.  She quickly watched her face and brushed her teeth as she was running a little late for her first class of the week. She quickly picked up the test and put it in her bag.

She walked back into the bedroom to her dressed into quietly as Phillip was still peacefully asleep in the bedroom. She threw on a plain white mesh sports bra from Victoria Secrets with a pastel pink verity striped joggers. She lent over the bed " babe " Anne whispered into Phillips ear " Hey I think your going to be a dad " Anne mentally slapped herself ' nice one Anne, well freaking done ' she thought to herself " I'll see you later" she kissed his cheek, Phillips' eyes started to flutter open " what ?" He said with a groggy sleepy voice, he turned over Anne didn't know what to do, she just left the room before Phillip saw her hoping he through he dreamed it

Phillip turned over blinking his eyes open to see no one there, the only noon at the bottom of the bed his frowned confusingly, he looked around Anna wasn't anywhere to be seen. All he thought about the whole morning was if he heard was true and not in a dream. He looked at his phone clock 12.30pm it read, Phillip knew Anne would be on a break now, he's been going out of his mind all morning debating with himself whether it was real or not, the only way to find out was to go to Anna.

It was a quick drive to the Emerald City " hi Phillip" the receptionist said as he walked through the door " hi do you know where Anne is?" He asked " she's in room two the class has gone now she's just cleaning up by you can go through" she smiled at him " thank you" he said politely he walked down the corridor going past room after room, he arrived to room he pushed the door open to see Anne tying up the ropes she turned her head to the door as she heard it open " Phillip what you doing" he cut Anne off before she could finish her sentence " I didn't dream it did I" Phillip said Anne stool there in shook, all she could do was shake her head ' no ' Anne started to cry letting out what's been held in all morning Anna's breathing became shallow " I'm so scared" Anne said quietly she let go of the ropes she was holding. 

Phillip instantly wrapped Anne in his arms " I know you are sweet, I'll let you in on a secret" he said he placed a finger under her quivering chin lifting her head gently they're eyes met " I am too" he said " what if history repeats itself " Anna asked still crying " Anne sweetheart, it's not going to happen okay" he tried to reassure her " but " Phillip cut her off before she could say anything else " no buts Anne there's something that's apart of you and apart of me " he rested his hands lightly with on her stomach acting like a shield " in there" he whispered Anne rested her forehand on his and sighed " maybe I'll feel better after the doctors" she said " did you phone them already ?" Phillip asked " um yeah I phoned them on the way to work, I got an urgent appointment for tomorrow, " Anne said shyly Phillip lightly laughed " I love you " was all he said, for the first time today Anne smiled " I love you too" she replied.

Anne legs bounced anxiously while she and Phillip waited in the very quite waiting room " Anne Wheeler" the nurse called Phillip squeezed her hand looking at her, her face was white as a sheet with nervousness Phillip knelt down to her " hey look at me " he puts a finger under her chin and lifted it up slowly making her have eye contact with him " it's going to be okay baby" he said cupping her check stroking the paler skin from nerves to bring some comfort he helped Anne stand up she cling onto his arm as they walked into the examination room. " if you could get undress and put this gown on the doctor will be in shortly" the nurse said before she left the room.  Phillip helped her get undressed and into the gown, he was just as nervous as she was but he needed to be strong for her. For both of them, this room seemed all so familiar to them. So many painful memories.

The doctor soon walked in " Hi I'm doctor Robins" the bubbly smiling blonde doctor introduced herself " Hi " Anne replied " now, I'm aware of your history, but I assure you everything will be okay, you did the right thing by calling straight away" she smiled at Anne " now let's see this baby shell we" she pulled the sonogram machine to the bed, " just a little cold" she warned Anne, she put the gel on her skin Anna flinched slightly at the coldness.

She moved the probes around her stomach Anne kept her eyes close the whole time silently praying Phillip held his breath " and here's your baby " the doctor pointed to the screen smiling, Anne eyes instantly opened up and looked at the screen at a blob moving around " th-that's  the baby?" Anne stuttered " it is and its perfect" Anne just sobbed in relief, Phillip kissed the back of her hand" everything is in the right place, your about 9 weeks, do you want to hear a heartbeat?" Anne and Phillip nodded frantically, the sounds of very strong swishing and galloping echoed the room " I'll leave you two to have a moment while I go and print these for you" the doctor left the room

Phillips moved the hair that sticks to her wet cheeks " I told you so" they laughed he kissed her forehead he wiped her eyes of all the tears " everything is okay" she said to herself " no " Anne looked at him continued " everything is perfect" Phillip said he placed a strong kiss on her lips curling up at the sides. Phillip helped her get changed out of the gown and back into her leggings and oversized jumper, the doctor came back in with the photos and some paperwork to be filled out " your all set to go, I've booked you in for your 12 week scan and you'll get that letter in the post, and of course these are for you" she handed Anne the photos " thank you so much " Anne smiled " your more then welcome if you have any worries just phone I'll see you soon" doctor said.

When they got to the car Phillip opened the passenger side door for Anne he closed the door and sprinted round to the driver's side as soon as he buckled himself he started the engine he left the car pack. As the drove back home they were silent but a good silent a content silence " is this real though ?" Anne still in disbelief looking at the sonogram photo Phillip smiled looking at her briefly before looking back at the road, he moved the hand that was in the gear stick and placed his hand on her stomach " it sure is darling " Anne placed her hand on top of his " should we tell WD and everyone ?" Anna asked " I don't mind babe, we could tell them or wait a little longer we're going to see Lettie soon" Phillip made a good point Anne thought " I want to wait just bit longer" Anne said " that's fine sweet whatever you want to do I'm fine with " he moved his hand from her stomach to her head stroking her curly hair, he moved his hand back to her stomach, his hand stayed there for the rest of the journey back home.m

When they arrived back home, they got to the front door and there was stood someone they never thought they would see " how did you know I was here ?" Phillip said in a serious tone of voice stepping in front of Anne protecting her " we wanted to see you son" Phillips dad said with a semi devilish smirk