C.13

"focus haerin! what's wrong with you? you're getting weaker and weaker" she mumbled to herself as she threw punches towards the punching bag that was hanging from the ceiling.

"get mad! think about something" the memory of her brother's death came into her mind. then the one who had left her the note inside her locker. the punches becoming faster and faster. she's starting to get desperate. she need to find the killer. but she doesn't have any clue.

"we're here to find the famous assassin. we heard that nano was dead. but i guess not"

she stopped the punching bag from moving and stared onto the ground with her brows knitted in confusion as she remembered what the guy said on the other day.

a lot of mafias wanted her dead but she couldn't really pinpoint which one. why did they need to kill her brother?

she threw one strong punch and fell down laying on the cold floor with her arms spread to the side while staring blankly on the black ceiling. sweat trickled down her forehead. she squinted her eyes when the light pained her eyes.

"haerin? what are you doing here?" she instantly sat up looking at the person recognizing it as jisung. he went closer towards her with both of his eyebrows raised.

"i'm training" she answered him. "i don't really understand why you need to train?" haerin extended her arms and jisung pulled her up. she dusted her clothes and went towards the table at the side of the room that had some water bottles.

"i think i'm getting weaker" she stated before drinking the water. jisung tilted his head. "no haerin. you're strong. the other day-"

"jisung, that's when i had released my demons out. it's my emotions that take over me. yeah i may be strong but you do know i stopped being an assassin three years ago. i need to strengthened myself so i won't be dragging you guys down" haerin clutch her fist tight.

"you're not dragging us down, haerin. nct is one of the strongest gang here in seoul and you joining us are giving us a big advantage" she pursed her lips. she felt stupid when someone that was clearly younger than her said those things towards her.

"jisung.. do you perhaps.. had something to do right now?" haerin asked as she stared him.

haerin placed down the bouquet of flower and stood up straight looking down on the grave in front of her. the engravings on the stone had one specific name, jung haejun.

"is this.." jisung trailed off as he looked down at the name on the stone. she smiled before taking a step back. "yeah you guessed it right. this is my brother's grave. three years ago, someone had ordered an assassin to kill him when he was out to find a gang that was aiming me. he got killed" her face holds a solemn look and her voice were dead panned.

"i'm sorry" she heard jisung mumbled and she quickly shook her head. "that's why i stopped being an assassin. it somehow disgusted me. and so i live a normal life meeting lucas.. that's when a note appeared" haerin began to walk out of the cemetery with jisung beside her hearing intently to her.

"i don't know who sent it. but for sure the person knew about me and about my brother's death" jisung turned to look at her wide eyed. "so you're saying that.. the person who wrote that note might be the assassin?" she nodded.

"wow.. i'm smart" jisung mumbled to himself. "you're going to track this person? can i help you?" he stared her with keen eyes. she laughed while ruffling with his now black hair.

"sure" they were on their way to their cars until they heard gunshots aiming at them. running towards the car as their cover jisung took his phone out and called someone who she doesn't have an idea who.

"send help! haerin and i just got an ambush" she looked over the car to find who just fired at them but see nothing. it's probably a sniper. both of them heard the sound of cars going to their way. haerin looked over to see who was inside and her eyes widened.

"jisung.. whatever i do, run away as far as you can. go back to the headquarters" haerin said and the younger one furrowed his eyebrows. "we know you're there so it's no use hiding" someone had shouted making her shoulders to flinch.

"jisung.. please" she whispered before slowly standing up and giving him the last glance as tears flooded his eyes. without second thought he ran quickly trying to not expose himself. there were around four people aiming their guns towards her. she lifted both of her hands up.

the man in the middle who she assumed as the leader smirked when he saw the girl. "never expected the great assassin, nano would surrender herself. well that would make the job much more easier" he laughed and had a smug look on his face.

she held an emotionless expression not showing any fear to the man as one of his underlings tied her wrist while shoving her inside the black van.

haerin coughed out blood as she mentally cursed the man who had hit her with a baseball bat. both of her wrists were tied and a metal chain was on her right leg.

"what do you want?!" her eyes filled with anger as she tried to break herself free but it only bruise her skin. the man let out a dark chuckled as he kneeled down in front of her lifting her chin up.

"this is payment. for what you have done towards one of my members. thank goodness he survive after you had blow your headquarters up. or he wouldn't have told me the most important information. nano is alive" she spit on his face making him to fall back looking disgusted.

"torture her. until she expose nct's headquarters" he instructed and the guy that was holding the baseball bat swung it towards her hitting her body. she fell to the side as she coughed out blood screaming in agony as the pain made her eyes filled with tears.

"wait.." the man chuckle again gaining her attention.

"it looks like your boyfriend is here" the door to the room were pushed open and the moment her eyes lay down upon the person who got pushed inside her eyes widened.