"Noah, can you please check on Adam?" I requested. I was worried for him. I knew he must be more nervous than me because he was more socially awkward. And well, being the groom, he would be recipient of almost half the attention.

"Me?" he asked, unsure if he heard right.

"Please." I pouted and he gave in. Nodding, he left and closed the door behind him.

...

Adam

"How can you not come?" I shouted in annoyance at my colleague and junior, Jeff. He was supposed to be my best man because he was the closest thing I had to a friend.

"I am stuck here, Adam. The flight delayed." he made the lame excuse again.

"That's such an irresponsible behavior." I reprimanded.

"Don't be mad. Just ask someone to go to my apartment and bring the ring. Its in the first drawer of my dressing table. My sister will let them in." he said. "Sorry, the battery is about to end." Saying this, he cut the call.

I turned around in anger, only to find Noah standing behind me. He was holding his daughter Anna in his arms, who looked like she was playing with her father's hair. She had big, blue eyes, just like her father and caramel color skin, like her mother. I never liked babies but I had to admit she was really cute.

I turned my attention back to Noah. By the look on his face, he had already heard my conversation with Jeff. "What happened?" he asked.

"Nothing," I muttered.

"Adam, if there is anything I can do to help."

"There isn't." I said. I didn't hate him now. Things have been changed but that doesn't mean I could take his help. He was still a stranger to me.

"Adam, think about Alicia. Do you want to ruin this day for her?" he said and that made me think. He was right; my ego wasn't more important than her happiness. Nothing was more important than her.

"My best man is unable to reach here in time." I said and his eyes gleamed with a hope. He was waiting for me to ask him to be my best man. I tried to find words that won't make me look like a loser but I couldn't. So I decided to be straightforward, "Will you be my best man?"

"Yes," he said dramatically, putting his hand on his heart, that made me roll my eyes.

"The ring is in his apartment. He lives next block." I said.

"I'll bring it, don't worry." he said excitedly. "I'll manage everything."

Once he happily left the room, someone else entered, someone I had invited but wasn't ready to see.

"Thank you son. You did a great favour on me by inviting me to your wedding." Mr. Brown said as he stepped closer to me. He looked old, really old.

"Because of you, I never had anything but now, I have everything. Love, money, reputation, relationships, everything you denied me of. There is no point in hating anyone anymore." I admitted honestly.

"I am glad to know that." he said and attempted to reach me but I backed away. He seemed to understand that although I have forgiven him, I didn't want to have any close relationship with him.

After he left, I sat down and thought about my wife-to-be. She must be looking heavenly right now. I wish I could see her, kiss her, hold her in my arms. We weren't sleeping in same room for a week now and I was dying to get close to her.

...

I was getting anxious with every passing minute. My feet tapped the floor of the aisle anxiously and I heard Noah chuckle behind me. A glare from me shut him off, and he shrugged in return.