8. Stepping Into his Territory

"Are you guys coming to Jake Dawson's party Saturday night?" Sophia asked us when she saw us in the bathroom.

"What party?" I asked.

"His 18th birthday party. The whole school is invited." she told us, applying mascara on her eyelashes.

"Sure. It will be nice way to interact with new people. Right Em?" I asked her.

"Umm.. I.." she looked nervous. "I haven't been to any party since.. Since.."

"Since that Chloe bitch threatened her on a party two year back." Sophia commented.

"Is it true?" I asked Emily and the corners of her lips turned downwards.

"Yeah." she nodded.

How can someone do such thing to her own sister? What a bitch!

"We are going to this party Emily. We have to show her that she can't threaten you anymore." I said.

"But Justin will be there too." she argued.

"All the more reasons to go to that party." Sophia added.

"But.."

"Do you trust me?" I asked.

She bobbed her head up and down, playing with the hem of her purple flowy shirt.

"Then believe me, I won't let them do anything to you." I told her.

After leaving the bathroom, we made our way to the School's library. I had to complete my biology assignment and Emily had to submit a paper by Friday. We sat down in a corner and started doing our respective work.

It took me about half an hour to complete my assignment. Emily was still engrossed in her paper so I took this time to observe my surroundings. Most of the seats were unoccupied. Near the entrance, Mr. Thatcher, the librarian was slumped on his desk. His eyes were closed and his left arm was falling limply beside him.

On the two seats beside his desk, a blonde guy was busy flirting with a brunette girl. I averted my eyes when I found him leaning closer to the girl as if he was about to kiss her. Rolling my eyes, I angled my neck to look towards the other corner of library. All the seats were empty in the back too except one.

Adam.

His back was towards me so I could not see his face. But only one boy in the school had such perfect brown messy hair. Besides, he was wearing the same jacket he wore yesterday so that made recognizing him a lot easier.

Leaving Emily buried in her notebook, I stood up and tiptoed towards him. He still hadn't noticed my presence. He was writing the character analysis and by the heap of crumpled papers on the seat beside him, he was not doing a good job. Not to mention, he had to submit it by tomorrow.

Great.

"May I sit here?" I asked, pointing towards the empty seat beside him.

"No." he said without looking at me.

"Adam." I grunted and he turned to look at me.

"Alicia." he said in a serious voice but listening my name from his mouth did something to my heart.

Ugh.

"Look, there is something I need to talk to you about." I sat down beside him, ignoring his threatening glare.

"Fine. You have exactly one minute. Because after that, I will throw you out of this seat myself." he muttered lowly.

I rolled my eyes at his rude words and sighed. "Look. I need you to tutor me."