10. Cold, Crass and Annoyingly Rude

"Well well well, isn't it Alicia freaking King."

"You gotta be kidding me." I snarled.

There stood Noah, leaning against the wall in a dark blue fitted T-shirt and black ripped jeans. His eyes travelled down my body from head to toe, finally resting on my face.

"Still ugly. Huh?" he grinned.

"Still alive?" I said dryly, rolling my eyes.

He chuckled lowly and walked towards me, stopping only inches away from my face. "I am not dying anytime soon babe."

His fingers glided over the bare skin of my arm and I narrowed my eyes at him. "Aren't you being too touchy for someone who just called me ugly?"

He chuckled again and brought his face closer to me. "Aren't you being too comfortable with my touch for someone who hated me?"

"You wish." I narrowed my eyes and pushed him away. Our bickering would have continued further if it was not for the blonde petite girl who wrapped her arms around his head and attached her lips with his. My face contorted at their heated kiss and I walked away from them.

I entered the house again and looked around for Emily. My eyes met with Sophia who was swaying with the music alone in a corner.

"Where is Emily?" I asked her as I reached her.

"I dddon't know." her voice slurred. My eyes wandered in search of her but I couldn't find her.

"Damn it." I whispered to myself. I was supposed to take care of her. How could I leave her alone when Chloe was determined to ruin this party for her?

I left Sophia dancing and made my way to the lounge. Chloe was dancing with another friend of Noah and Justin while Emily was nowhere to be found. Marching towards the kitchen, I cringed as I found couples glued together on my way. After the kitchen, I searched through all the rooms on the floor but all in vain. I was getting anxious with every passing second.

"Jake." I called when I almost collided with him. "Did you see Emily?"

"Yeah. She is in the study room. Her head was pounding so she excused herself for a moment." he told me and gave me directions to the study. Thanking him, I ascended the stairs and rushed towards the said direction.

I scrunched my nose in confusion on observing the scene inside the study. Emily was sandwiched between the wall and Justin, their eyes were locked together. By the look on Emily's face, she was not aggravated or annoyed by the fact that he was holding her captive in his arms.

What in God's name is going on in here? Didn't he have a girlfriend?

Before I could break their stare, a hand wrapped around my mouth and someone dragged me away from the study room. I struggled with my arms but the hold didn't weaken. Within a moment, I found myself being pulled into a dark room.

My state of confusion changed into complete wrath when the light of the room switched on and a pair of ocean blue eyes stared into my eyes.

"What the fuck Noah?" I screeched, my nostrils flared in anger.

"Your nose is getting all red pooper. Take a chill pill." he grinned, showing me his pearly white teeth.

"Pill my ass." I seethed again. He had me pinned to the wall and his arms were caging me inside.

"A very fine ass." he smirked and I hissed angrily.

"Let me go so that I can teach Justin a lesson." I argued and he shook his head in a no.