60. My Caveman

"That was a dick move." I said as I dragged myself to my next class.

"No. It wasn't." Adam said from behind me.

"Really? So marking someone isn't remotely cavemanish?" I stopped in my track and turned around, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

He sighed before jutting his lower lip out in a failed attempt of pouting. "OK fine. I shouldn't have done that."

"Exactly." I said.

"But I'm not sorry for showing people what's mine." he challenged back, staring down at me.

"See. Caveman." I rolled my eyes and stepped inside my classroom while Adam made his way to his next class. My eyes looked around for an empty seat and I licked my dry lips nervously when I found one beside Noah.

Well, that's awkward.

Sitting down beside him, I passed him a smile which he didn't return.

"Noah!" I whispered after leaning towards him.

His eyes flicked to mine and he blankly asked, "What?"

"I'm sorry for hurting your feelings." I whispered, making sure nobody heard me. "But I love him and I can't change this fact."

The corner of his lips turned downwards and he cast me a grievous glance. "You could've told me sooner."

"It was complicated." I said, pulling my hair away from my face.

"You could've saved me from this pain if you had told me that you were interested in Adam." he said and I felt another wave of guilt inside me.

"As I said, it was complicated." I told him again.

He shook his head at me, as if he was disappointed in me and then turned his attention back to the board while I fought the tears pricking the back of my eyeball.

It is complicated.

...

"Guys please. I'm sorry." I pouted once again. "I know I should've told you before." Once again, Sophia turned her face to the opposite side. By the look on Emily's face, she was ready to forgive me but a glare from Sophia stopped me.

"We are your girlfriends. You should've told us the minute it happened." Sophia said, glaring at me.

"I know. Just tell me what I have to do to earn your forgiveness?" I asked and they both turned their faces away.

"Please guys." I whined again, loudly this time.

They both exchanged a look and a smile appeared on their faces. "Well, you can lend me those sexy, blue heels of yours." Sophia shrugged and I laughed at her demand.

"Fine. And you Em?" I looked at her and raised my eyebrows.

"One big tub of Häagen-Dazs Caramel crunch." she said excitedly, causing us both to laugh.

"OK on a serious note. Tell me, what exactly happened in the hotel that changed the dynamic between Adam and you?" she asked and I blushed when I remembered what exactly happened.

"She's blushing." Emily pointed towards my cheeks.

"No. I'm not." I lied.

"Yes, you are." Sophia added. She observed my face closely, from forehead to chin, while I bit my lips nervously and lowered my gaze to the ground.

"You both fucked." she screamed and I clamped her mouth shut with my hands.

"Slow down. Dad will hear you." I said and she muttered sorry under her breath.