Chapter 30 • Through My Eyes

A/N: I honestly suck at manips, so just pretend the pic up top is edited with Harry's gorgeous tattoos 🔥😋🤤

"You want to return the favor, hey?" I repeat her question and she hums with a cute lilt in her voice. "Alright, how do I word this without sounding like an insensitive jerk? If you wanted to do stuff to me, I wouldn't stop you."

"I don't think that makes you sound like a jerk at all. You just sound like a man who has a girlfriend now."

"Mm, I really like the sound of that; my girlfriend."

She hums, leaning her body into mine until I'm laying on my back. Since we're on my bed, we have more room than we would on my sofa and I have to keep myself in check, especially since she's straddling me now.

It's then I realize she's probably looking right at me, watching my eyes in their sightless state and in this very vulnerable moment of not having my sunnies to act as a shield, I feel exposed yet relaxed.

As her warm palms slowly smooth up my bare stomach all the way to my chest, she lays her torso on mine and she lets out a grunt.

"Oof, my jeans are too tight for this. Hold on," she scoots down my legs until she's off of the bed and the familiar sound of a zipper earns my attention.

"Are you . . . taking off your jeans?"

"Yeah, but only my jeans, mind you," she says in a sly tone.

"Damn," I mutter, snapping my fingers once.

"Yeah, yeah, mate. Ah, much better. I didn't realize how snug they are and I want to be comfortable."

"Oh, okay. Yes, by all means. That's fine with me. Are you comfortable now?"

"Yes, very much, oh hi, Maggie," she coos and I can only assume she's petting her. "Are you sad Harry and I aren't giving you attention, hmm? We're sorry."

Sitting up in bed, I smile in awe at how well JJ interacts with Maggie. It's a relief knowing how well she treats animals; not that she's given me any indication that she doesn't treat animals with kindness, but it puts my mind at ease.

I should've known better than to let my insecurities take over my thoughts of JJ not liking Maggie. She's wonderful with her and this time with us together feels like how it could be in the future with us.

"Can I give her a T-R-E-A-T? . . . Harry?"

I snap out of my thoughts at the sound of my name, "Yes, love?"

"Are you alright?"

"M'fine."

"Oh okay then. I was just asking if I could give Maggie a T-R-E-A-T."

"Yeah, sure. They're in a small resealable bag next to the microwave."

She hums as if she's searching, "Aha! Found them. Aw, she's following me. Oh she knows, huh?"

"Yeah, she knows the package's sounds, and you can say the T word now."

"Okay. Hey, Maggie, would you like a treat?" JJ asks in an excited voice and Maggie barks. "You would? Alright, here you go."

My smile doesn't leave my face while I listen to JJ have a one-sided conversation with Maggie and the sound of running water captures my attention.

"There you go. Fresh water to wash that yummy sirloin-flavored treat down with, yeah? Okay, you're all set now. Would you mind terribly if I spend time with Harry? What's that? You wouldn't mind at all and you want us to have a lovely time together? Aw thank you, Maggie."