Chapter 17 • The V Card

The comforting weight of Harry lying on top of me, his lips frantically working against mine and the smell of his cologne are sending me into another world. I've never snogged anyone before and even though I've dreamed about how it would feel, this is one-thousand times better.

I breathlessly pull away from our kiss, turning my head on the seat cushion of my couch and he wastes no time in attaching his lips to my neck. My eyes open only to close again as he lays the flat of his tongue on the spot before sucking so harshly that I'm sure will bruise the skin.

"Mm, feels so good," I pant out my breaths, slipping my hands beneath the hem of his under shirt.

A groan tickles my neck, causing me to giggle as I smooth my hands on his warm lower back and I feel his lips curl into a smile on my skin. I press a kiss to his hair, putting my hand on his neck to gently bring his attention to me.

"My lips are jealous."

He breathes out a laugh, "Of what?"

"My neck," I reply with a grin, caressing his cheek with my thumb.

He smirks into my palm and I look into the dark lenses of his sunnies. His eyes are anywhere but on me but I can tell he's giving all of his attention to me.

"Is anything else . . . jealous?"

"Oh God," I groan in embarrassment, letting out a laugh. "Just kiss me, you cheeky man."

His mouth ends curl upward in a smile and he ducks his head down to kiss me. I close my eyes, capturing his top lip between mine and I work my hands down to the waistband of his trousers. It's all I can do not to slip my fingertips underneath, but I know neither of us are ready for that, at least not yet.

Harry hums, pulling away from our kiss and he pants out his warm breath through his parted mouth. With how he's laying on top of me between my legs, I can feel how hard he is already and I swallow harshly at the thought.

"What's the matter?" I ask, lazily smoothing my hands up and down his back.

"Nothing, love, it's just . . . never mind."

"You can tell me, Harry. What's on your mind? I won't judge you, if that's what you're worried about."

"Oh I know you won't. It's just . . ." he sighs, moving off of me to sit up on the couch.

I follow his action, frantically pulling the skirt of my dress back down that got hiked up thanks to our activity. I grab the remote to pause the music, still feeling his phantom kisses on my lips and once I'm sat facing him, I reach over and fit my hand in his.

He smiles nervously in my direction and pushes his sunnies further up on his nose.

"I'm sure you've already figured it out from the things I've told you. I've tried to give you hints here and there, but, I should just say it; I'm a virgin."

I quietly say his name, giving his hand a little squeeze to get his attention.

"I'm a virgin, too, in the sense that I've never been with anyone, and it's okay. I know for some guys it's a big deal to lose the V card as soon as you reach high school, but it's different for everyone. It's like what you said; things happen or don't happen in their own time, yeah?"

I can actually see the proverbial weight being lifted from his shoulders and there's a hint of a smile on his face.

"Thank you, JJ, and just so you know, what you told me, isn't a problem with me. I appreciate you telling me, although I still don't know why the hell a woman like you hasn't been snatched up already."