Chapter 50.

*a few weeks later*

Julian's POV

"Do you Isabella Grace Greene take Julian James Ainsworth as your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, in joy and sorrow for as long as you both shall live?" The old minister's voice echoed around the church as we awaited. I could not help but fidget nervously.

"I do." I heard the voice of the most amazing woman I've ever met from under the veil. She took the ring from Evelyn and brought her hand to mine slipping the ring. As her hand came in contact with mine, I felt that it was really cold. Much more than it is always.

I felt the sudden urge to warm her up. Stupidly, I took hold of her hand and rubbed it using my warm one, receiving surprised gasps from relatives and friends.

"Let us save that for later, mister." The minister interrupted clearing his throat, and I had to let go of her hand reluctanly. "So do you, Julian James Ainsworth, take Isabella Grace Greene as your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, in joy and sorrow for as long as you both shall liv-"

"I do!" I hurriedly took the ring from a grinning Alex and slipped it around her finger.

Calm down...calm down.

"In my presence and in the presence of your family and friends, you have exchanged vows and made promises.You have opened your hearts to one another, declared your love and friendship, and have united yourself with the exchanging of rings. Therefore, with the blessings of God, it is my pleasure to now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride!"

Those were all the words that I needed as I quickly pulled up her veil to look at her. And that is when I actually noticed her since the time she had walked in.

She looked breathtaking, dressed up in all white. Her off the shoulder wedding dress hugging her body perfectly. Her hair was in a messy bun, with some strands brushing against her neck. The minimal makeup done by my sister made her look like a porcelain doll.

My doll.

Tears made way to my eyes as I realised what a gift this woman is to me, the woman I wish to spend my life with...in sickness and in health. In order to hide the stupid tears, I turned my face to the left, lightly dabbing my index finger over it. "Chill, man." I heard Alex from behind me.

It's still a miracle, having her in my life. Ever since I found her, not a day has passed when I didn't want her. And looking at her right now, with her beautiful brown eyes staring up at me, I know my life will never be dark again, because she is here, brightening it up for me.

She blinked at me twice, and I realised that I could now do what I had been wanting to do since long. At an instant, I wrapped my hands around her waist, pulling her into me. I know I'm going to get screwed for doing this, we had decided that it would be a simple peck on the lips, to not embaraas her.

But right now, I don't give a fuck. As her hands found their way to my face, the room fell apart. We were absorbed in our little world. A kiss has never felt so pure before. After what felt like ages, she gently pushed me, her hands on my shoulder. Her cheeks were flushed as she smiled an embarrassed smile and the crowd erupted into claps and cheers.

"I love you." I whispered to her, bending down. Unexpectedly, I found her looking up at me with 'I-might-kill-you-later' eyes.

***

This is it, Isabella you aren't running away now.

I saw her on a video call with someone, probably Catalina as she is the only one who hasn't arrived. She stood at a corner grinning ear to ear. My assumption was proved right as I saw her twirl around in a circle, showing Catalina the decorations.

All of a sudden, her facial expressions neutralized. She nodded and I sensed that she'd mouthed an 'okay' and hung up the call reluctantly. With bold and steady steps, I found my way to her.

"May I have this dance please?" I asked forwarding my hand trying to appeal to her. Rolling her eyes, she placed her hand on mine as I walked her to the dance floor.

You're the light, you're the night
You're the colour of my blood
You're the cure, you're the pain
You're the only thing I wanna touch
Never knew that it could mean so much, so much

"Do you even realise what you did up there?" She asked in a hushed voice. My hands were wrapped around her slender waist as we swayed to the music.

"I don't think I commited any mistake. I just showed them who you belong to." I turned air directions and continues swaying while she blushed profusely.

"But that was inappropriate. Everyone was staring, Julian."

"I don't care. I can kiss you whenever and wherever I want."

You're the fear, I don't care
Cause I've never been so high
Follow me through the dark
Let me take you past the satellites
You can see the world you brought to life, to life

"Like this." I said, capturing ne lips for a soft peck. She gasped and looked around to see if anybody had noticed. Nobody had.

"And this." I whispered, rewarding her with another peck. "What about this?" And another.

Without any warning, I tipped her down, her head as so close to the ground, I was afraid that I had ended up hurting her. She bit her lips as she looked up at me.

So love me like you do, la-la-love me like you do
Love me like you do, la-la-love me like you do
Touch me like you do, ta-ta-touch me like you do
What are you waiting for?

After coming back up, her anger vanished completely. She smiled at me and I felt my heart melt instantly. But I know it is much more awkward for her, so I tried acting all confident just like I always try to do when I'm feeling like I'm drowning.

Fading in, fading out
On the edge of paradise
Every inch of your skin is a Holy Grail I've got to find
Only you can set my heart on fire, on fire
Yeah

I took her hands and pulled her body closer to mine, yet it did not feel close enough. I wanted to feel her, all of her.

I'll let you set the pace
Cause I'm not thinking straight
My head's spinning around, I can't see clear no more
What are you waiting for?

"Mrs. Ainsworth?" I addressed her in the manner for the first time and her head shot up immediately, looking at me with shining eyes.

"Yes, Mr. Ainsworth?" She teased, a smile tugging at her lips.

"You are going to me the death of me, you know that?" I twirled her around in a circle.

Love me like you do, la-la-love me like you do
Touch me like you do, ta-ta-touch me like you do
What are you waiting for?
Love me like you do, la-la-love me like you do
Touch me like you do, ta-ta-touch me like you do
What are you waiting for?

"Hey... do you remember how in Atlanta we were sitting in the car's backseat and you had asked me about love?"

"Yes...and you had told me you'd explain it to me someday."

"Let's say that day is today. Isabella, you define love. You are my love, my life and everything in between. I wish to stay entwined with you forever." I lowered my head to reach her height.

"Damn...I love you." She raised her head up, resting it against mine.

"I know."

~