Chapter 24.

Julian's POV

So this is how you define perfection.

Really, she just looks perfect, way more than perfect actually. Her loose wrap shirt flowed because of the wind, as we walked together on the sand barefoot with our shoulders almost touching.

"So you've ever worked as an assistant before?" I enquired.

"We aren't working now, Julian." She gave a small smile, almost as if she was teasing.

"Oh so we can't even talk about work?" I stopped and raised my eyebrows turning towards her.

"I would rather not." She crossed her arms, trying to stop the loose sleeves from flowing around and continued walking.

"Fine then." I shrugged and walked along.

Avoid the topic, avoid it as much as you can, but I'll make you speak, you will have to speak.

"Look a dog!" She more or less shrieked and ran over to a small golden retriever.

"Where's your master..." She bent down and held it's latch. "Mr. Cuddles. Awww...." She softly patted the dog's head and he turned around, wanting her to pat up his whole body. She grinned and did it.

An eleven or twelve year old girl came running towards us, gasping for breath.

"Cuddles!" She picked the dog in her arms. "Why do you keep running off all the time?"

"It's yours?" Isabella asked, the big smile not leaving her face even the slightest bit.

"Yeah. I'm Lily. I love making friends." She forwarded her hand in Isabella's direction which she shook.

"I'm Isabella. And this is Mr. Ainsworth- I mean Julian over here." She pointed in my direction.

"Mr. Ainsworth..." She trailed off thoughtfully. "Oh! Mr. Ainsworth! My Dad had a meeting with you today." She exclaimed.

"What's his name?"

"Mike Middleton."

"Oh.. He's the client's manager." I clarified to Isabella.

"Yeah. We were supposed to come to the beach today, all of us. But the meeting ruined it. That's why I'm here with Cuddles." I looked over at Isabella and saw that she felt very sorry for Lily.

"I'm so sorry for ruining your plans. Is there any way I can pay back?"

"Umm.. Cotton Candy!" She squealed pointing at a nearby stall. "Get us some cotton candy."

"Okay, tag along."

"Two please." I told the bearded old man.

"Dog's eat cotton candies?" Isabella forrowed her eyebrows.

"Nooo!! He just eats dog food." Lily stated.

"Then who are you buying two for?" She asked.

"You." I mumbled smugly.