Chapter 47.

With dizzy heads and stupid smiles, we walked out of the room. On our way downstairs we bumped into his father as he made his way upstairs.

"Where have you been?"

"Just...showing her around." He shrugged.

"Well, good night from me." He patted Julian's back.

"So soon? And Mom isn't whiney about it?"

"Nope. Not a tad bit. I took my pills and needed some sleep so..."

"Okay." He nodded. "Merry Christmas, Dad." He hugged him tightly and I observed Robert murmuring something in his ear to which he replied with a curt nod.

"Good night, Robert."

"Yes, love. Good night." He smiled, tapped my shoulder and left.

"So? Should we get going as well?"

"Yeah, sure." He smiled wrapping his arms around my shoulders, pulling me closer.

After bidding a goodbye to Lara, we made our way back home. The drive home felt soothing. We discussed about his family and childhood, he's a great son, respects his father more than anything in the world.

"Time to exchange our gifts?" I asked getting up from the couch, streching my muscles while he pouted like a kid.

"Come on! One more movie!" He whined.

"Nope. Gimme my gift first." I folded my hands, ready to bicker.

"Okayy." He rolled his eyes and stood up. He put his hand in his sweatpants, pocket and pulled out his fist, then raised the fist in level with my face. I tapped on his fist which he opened to display a very, very pretty Retro Rhinestone hair clip.

"My Dad gave this to Mom, the day I-I was born. She told me you were the one I should pass this on two."

"Woah...our-our gifts are pretty...similar, yeah...similar."

"What do you mean?"

I want to the drawer where I'd placed my gift and brought it to him.

"This tie. My Dad- he gave it to me, told me to give it to a guy, the guy I could trust. I just felt, it was you."

"Wow, Isabella...I don't even know how to-"

"Don't." I cut him off, jumping on the couch for a kiss.

"As much as I would love to fuck you right here, right now, we've got to go. Come on." He held my hand and let me outside the room.

"Where?"

"Somewhere."

***

"Here!" I yelled out to him, jumping close to a Christmas tree with some beautiful lightning. "Take a picture here."

Smiling his perfect smile, he took out the Polaroid camera we just bought and took a picture of me as I tried out different poses, suppressing my life as passers by pointed out and murmured.

"Hey! We should be taking a picture together. Ugh! Please ask somebody to take one." I held his hand and showed him some puppy eyes.

"Do you think somebody would even consider us sane?" He asked pointing at are pyjamas. Yes, we are out into the neighbourhood, still wearing pyjamas in this freezing cold weather but we seem not to care.

"Let me try. Excuse me, sir?" He patted the back of a short guy and he turned around, on seeing Julian his eyes widened immediately.

"Julian! What's up, man? How are you!?"

"Woah, hey there Alan, I'm great. How are you here, though? Weren't you travelling around the world last time I checked."

"Yeah...I was homesick." The guy looked down at his feet and back up.

"Wait a second! Why on earth are you wearing pyjamas. Hey! How the hell are you with a girl?" I waved at Alan sheepishly and his behind Julian trying to hide the embarrassment.

"Yep. That's my girlfriend. Isabella, this is Alan. We were friends in school." I stepped ahead and shook hands with him.

"I'm sorry...these pyjamas..it was my idea." I blushed as Julian wrapped his arms around me.

"It's a wonderful idea." Alan complemented, his eyes gleaming. "I might try it as well."

"Hey Alan, could you help us with somethin'?"

"Sure, why not?"

"Could you, like..take a picture-us, under the tree, memories...you know."

"I know."

He smiled and took the camera and we stood under the tree. Julian wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into him and we smiled looking into each others eyes. Before I could retrieve to take the camera from Alan. Julain had held me by my thighs and picked me up in his arms making me squeal out loud while the guys laughed heartily.

"You'll pay for this." I elbowed his side and whispered.

"I hope the payback involves handcuffs." He whispered back to me making my cheeks feel hot despite the freezing weather.

"Thanks man. Let's meet up sometime."

"Yeah..like the old times. It was good to meet you again. Maybe we'll catch up later. I gotta go now. Goodbye!"

"See you soon." Julian gave him a brotherly side hug. I smiled and shook hands with him.

"Let's get back home before we freeze out here." He grabbed my hand and we ran out way back home.

"Hot Chocolate?" I asked from the kitchen.

"Sure!" I heard his voice from outside as he streamed for movies to watch.

Making my special Hot Chocolate, I carried out mugs to the room. I kept the mugs on the table and snuggled close to him in the blanket.

"What are we watching?" I asked keeping my cuddling close to his chest as he stroked my hair.

"Christmas in the Smokies?"

"Somebody recommended that to me once. Let's watch it." He pressed the button and pulled me totally on him, his legs on either side of my body.

"Hey Isabella." He paused the movie even before it started.

"What?" I rolled my eyes.

"You do know that this was my best Christmas so far, right?"

"Really?" I turned around and looked at him with gleaming eyes.

"Really. You remember what you had told Gabriella?" Hefave twisted as he said her name.

"What?"

"That you'd brighten up my life, without her." He gulped. "I think I'm feeling it already. I think my life's brightening up, because of you. You are like-like my sun, moon, you're everything that shines."

And I think I'm in love.

~