Chapter 39.

"Now tell me. What the hell was going on!?" Sophia took a sip of her cappuccino.

"Nothing. He- he just told me to make sure the meeting room was ready." I tried to lie, averting my gaze elsewhere.

"And he had to mumur that next to your ear?" Her eyes narrowed with suspicion.

"I don't know, okay? What could I do? He just said it." I shrugged my shoulders and completed the last sip of my coffee, ready to run away.

"Isabella?"

Wonderful! Now I'm hearing his voice everywhere I go.

"Isabella?"

"Isabella! Mr. Ainsworth is talking to you, speak." Sophia shook my shoulders gently.

"Oh." I looked up to find Julian looking at me, his lips curved up in a cocky smile.

"Where's your attention, Isabella?" He asked, the smile not fading away from those lips.

"I'm sorry, I was...thinking."

"If you're done thinking, please come with me. I need you."

He leaned lower keeping his hand on the table. Sophia stiflled her laugh with a cough making my cheeks burn. Julian realised as well and his expression changed quickly.

"I-I mean, I need your coffee."

"Y-yes. Please come." I hurriedly stood up, passed a glare to Soph and made my way to the elevator with him.

"What the hell was that!?"

"What the hell was what?" He passed me a calm, innocent smile.

"Oh really? You don't know what you just did?" I turned to face him. "Isabella, I need you." I tried to mimic his smoky voice.

Before I could register more words for a longer speech, I was pushed off to the side of the elevator by his strong hands. His hands wrapped around my waist and his lips touched my earlobe. My heart flustered out of the closeness but all I could do was wait till he spoke.

"I didn't say anything wrong there, did I?"

He gently bit my earlobe. My head fell back and a gasp made it's way through my lips. The elevator binged and he casually strode out like nothing happened a few seconds ago. I too had to follow in defeat.

"So, coffee?" I asked, turning to the pantry.

"Sure." He shrugged and opened the door to his office.

I made the coffee with my heart still beating like a drum. Thankfully when I went into his office, he was deeply engrossed in typing something on his laptop.

"Here's your coffee." I mumbled and turned to make my way out to my office.

"Did I ask you to leave?" I heard his stern voice behind me.

"N-no."

"Come here." I turned around and stood at the opposite side of his desk. "No, here." He used his thumb to point close to him.

With short steps I walked close to him. He rotated the chair in my direction and stared at me making me look down. In less than a second, he had pulled me by my arms down onto his lap while I squealed out of surprise.

"Shhh... You'll get us killed."

He kept a finger on my lips. Together we stared at them. I tried to grind myself in order to release his hold from my body but all I received was a groan from him.

"Don't make it hard for us Bella." He looked into my eyes, almost as if pleading. "Just one kiss, then I'll let you go."

"Then you'll let me go?"

"Yes." He nodded his head like a kid.

"Okay."

I lowered my mouth down to his, our foreheads close. He placed his warm hand under my chin, bring my lips to his. He took no time in licking my bottom lip, asking for permission which I granted. I could feel my heart fluttering against my chest as we kissed passionately. But we had to depart in the need of oxygen. When I opened my eyes, I found him looking at me with a spark in his eyes.

"Hey." I mumbled, fiddling with the button on his shirt.

"Hey." He mumbled back. "Just another kiss?" He looked at me like a kid asking or I would better say, pleading for something.

"No way. You just asked for one." I smiled trying to push my way out of his arms.

"Oh come on!" His phone rang, startling us. His attention was diverted towards it for the second. I took the opportunity to jump out of his lap and run out quickly.

"You'll pay for this!" He called out.

"You've got lipstick on your upper lip." I laughed and walked out.

Well, shit.

Soph was standing outside his office, her face expressionless. I gulped and tried to form a question.

"Wha-what's wrong?"

"Nothing." She shrugged. "I was looking for you. You weren't in your office so I assumed the next place you would be at would be his office."

"Why would you assume that?" I let out a dry laugh.

"I think you should be the one answering that." She narrowed her eyebrows.

"I don't know what you are trying to say. By the way, why were you looking for me?"

"Yeah. Mr. Bryson's PA called asking if a meeting could be scheduled for today."

"He's got some time. I'll ask him and let them know."

"Okay."

She mumbled and left. She didn't hear us, did she? Wiping some sweat off my forehead, I opened the door to his office. He was sitting with a file in his hand. Looking at me, he closed it, threw it on the desk and straightened up.

"Couldn't resist after the kiss, huh?"

"As much as I would love to say yes, the answer is no. Mr. Bryson wanted a meeting. Should I schedule it at four?"

"Whatever. Go ahead." He rolled his eyes and again picked up the file back again.

"Hey?" I stopped at the door and turned around. "You want another kiss?"

He jumped out of the seat and nodded his head vigorously. Smiling, I ran over and threw my arms around him.

Who knew life could turn out this way?

~

Author's Note: Personally hate myself for writing such a boring chapter but okayyy.