Chapter 2.

As soon as I entered my bedroom, the first thing I did was to go to my parents. I mean, their picture.

Jake and Rose Greene.

Everyone loved them. Nobody has any clue why God would do this to anyone but them. A car accident. No, both of them didn't die in it. My Dad had survived but the news of Mom leaving him gave him heart attack and he too left me.

Take care of your heart sweetie, your Dad got weak one.

Those were his last words to me as he lay in the hospital bed his hand in mine for the last time. They loved each other selflessly. Everyone admired them. The way they supported each other showed their genuine care for each other. They were my role models.

After they left, I spent the rest of my childhood- the high school and puberty part- with Aunt Lily and Uncle John. They too loved me unconditionally which was a pretty difficult thing one could find at that time. They never made any comparisons between me and Jade-their only daughter. But I had to soon move out and then, I met Cat. We've been roommates and best friends ever since.

I went to the bathroom and took a long and warm shower to relax myself from the hectic day I had at Aunt Lily's today. Playing with Jade's twins, helping Aunt, making small talk with Uncle-all in one day.

I wore a yellow hoodie when I came out of the shower, wore my glasses (I wear them when I read because contacts make me uncomfortable) and took a novel from my bookshelf, comfortably lying down on my bed.

The book kept me up late till night but I finally completed it and fell into a deep slumber. What? You expect book nerds to keep an incomplete book on their beds? That is pure sin. I would never be able to forgive myself.

***

Having showered, I started getting dressed for work. I work at a cafè. I wore a loose fitting crop-top on a plain black skirt with minimal makeup. I am not really good at doing makeup so I do it myself only during work. On other occasions, Cat does it for me.

I made my way outside the bedroom and sat on the couch to wear my sneakers. Yup, no heels. I usually avoid wearing heels being my clumsy self. Looking around for Cat, I found that there was no sign of her. Walking towards the kitchen I saw a sticky-note on the refrigerator.

Breakfast at Jerry's. Have a good day. Love ;)

I avoided making coffee and decided to drink it at the cafè instead. Instead, I simply took out a bar of Snickers from the refrigerator to eat on my way to the cafè. I wore my jacket and made my way out of the apartment.

"Hey Sam!" I greeted our guard, a middle-aged bald guy whom I met in the elevator.

"Hey Bella! Off to work?"

"Yeah, the usual." I smiled.
He pressed the button to the ground floor.

"How's Mila?" I interrogated about his wife, who'd been sick since a week or two.

"She's all well now. A tough lady she is." He chuckled.

"Indeed." I smiled along.

The elevator doors opened and I made my way out whilst receiving a cheerful goodbye from Sam and returning him the same.

***

I took the regular bus to the cafè and ate my snickers on the way so time flew really quickly.

"Bella!" I was greeted by my cheerful boss Emily as soon as I entered the cafè.

"No customers?"

"Nuh uh. But I've got some better news for you." she grinned.

"Okay..." I smiled as I hung my coat and made my way towards her.

"Found you a job!" She shrieked, acting too young for a forty year old.

"Emily...I've told you I don't need another job. I'm happy here."

"I know you are happy here. But being happy here won't be enough to make a living. You know that you will require more money than I will be able to give you. You will have to get over it. It was five years ago."

She dragged me towards the screen of the computer on the reception and showed me an article.

Eminent billionaire Julian Ainsworth is looking for a personal assistant.

"I gave in your name and you have an appointment at 10 o'clock tommorow."

"What were you even thinking!? Me? Working for the Julian Ainsworth? That's impossible!"

"I know that is hard but come on, it's worth it."

"But what if-"

"Isabella Greene. Stop with your what ifs and get ready for work-NOW!"

"Yes Miss!" As there were no customers, I made my way to fetch myself some coffee first.

***

A few minutes after I had my coffee, I heared the bells ding.

A customer equals to Tip!

"I'll take it!" I made my way towards the table with a notepad in my hand.

On the table farthest away there sat two guys. The one facing me was wearing a denim jacket on his shirt and his personality screamed goofy.

"How may I help you?" I said in the sweetest voice possible.

The other one had his head down, stuck towards the screen of his mobile phone and was wearing sunglasses so I couldn't really see him except that he had caramel brown hair.

"Well hello beautiful lady." The goofy one grinned, "I'll have an espresso."

"Capaccino for me." The other one muttered under his breath.

"Thank You!" I smiled and went towards the coffee machine.

***

It's been 20 minutes and the two of them finally left the table so I went to collect the cups.

OH MY GOD!

I saw a 100 dollar tip lying along with the bill.

That's impossible, How could someone leave a 100 dollars behind?

I ran toward them to go return it.
They were about to sit in their Limo. The goofy one had already sat and Mr. Mysterious Guy was about to close the door.

"Wait!" I stopped them.

Woah!

Turns out the Mysterious Guy isn't so mysterious after all. He is none other than The Julian Ainsworth.

~

✔|Entwined With You|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें