Chapter 33.

[A/N: Just imagine the picture with him in a suit jacket please♡]

It's been a week already?

Julian is back to work today. It's been a week if rest and he is totally recovered now. Unfortunately or maybe fortunately, I've not found an apartment yet. A good place will cost all my life's savings and a cheap place, well it sucks.

"So shall we leave?" I asked him as he made his way towards me.

"Yes." He ran a hand through his hair and I thought God! Don't do this to me.

Yes, I've accepted that I like the guy. I mean, I have been hiding the fact from myself since what feels like forever. But I can't lie to myself. Deceiving my own heart is stupidity. I can feel it, so I accept it.

"I've been dying to work." He sighed and guided me to the garage.

"You drive on your own?" I said as he opened the door revealing a dozen cars parked inside.

"Yeah, keeps me occupied. Also why should I depend on someone when I'm capable of it." He guided me to a Mercedes and opened the door for me and I tried to gracefully slide in.

Unacceptable. He's giving a lot of surprises to me daily. The lenses that he gifted me, for instance.

Also, how can I forget about the day before? I was really hungry at mid-night so I'd sneaked my way into the kitchen and started eating some Doritos. That's when he had to wake up and make his way downstairs. Turns out he was hungry as well. So, we had ended uo sitting on the kitchen's table, eating from the same packet.

I blushed recalling how cute it had felt, almost like a couple. I heard my name being called out by him and my thoughts were broken.

"Y-yes?"

"We're here." Julian stood on my side opening the door.

"So soon?"

"It isn't far from mine." He shrugged and shut the door behind me.

Together, we walked into the office. The receptionist downstairs rewarded him with a flirty wave which he ignored like he was used to it. In the elevator, two more men joined us, both of them asking him about his health. He replied with a smug 'very well' and a nod.

After a hectic day, I was sitting in my office after having lunch with Soph and catching up. She's dating a bartender right now and seems pretty happy or maybe I shoukd say...radiating.

I started daydreaming about all the recent incidents at Julian's house. So much has happened in the course of one week. It's like I'm blushing regarding one thing and the next thing I know, I'm blushing about something else. I was broken by my trance by a knock on the door by obviously, Mr. You-can't-keep-your-eyes-off-me- Ainsworth.

"Y-yes?"

"We've got an urgent meeting. I've got the files with me. Come, follow me to the meeting room.

"Okay." I grabbed the notepad and pen from my desk's drawer and hurried out.

"So, who are we having a meeting with?" I asked as the elevator came to a hault.

"Will Koch. Heard of him?"

Shit.

***

And there he sat in front of me, for about an hour I had been trying to ignore that evil smirk from his round face. Only if I could punch that smirk off him.

"So, where should we get the papers signed?" He asked clasping his hands, his eyes not leaving mine for a second.

"You choose." Julian muttered.

"Well, I'm pretty new to the City, why don't you take me to your club say, tomorrow evening?"

"Sounds good."

"At my club 8 p.m. sharp."

"8 it is."

They shook their hands and moved out of the room finally leaving me alone to deal with the mental breakdown. I held my head in a hand and bent against the desk as tears made way into my eyes, no, not sadness but they were out of fury. I want to kill the monster.

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Look at you." I heard his rough mocking sound behind me.

"Leave."

"Trust me I'll leave darling. Just wanted to show you something. What do you think, I'm the only one out there, huh? Well, your Prince Charming here is not so innocent though, is he?" And in front of me lied the print-outs of web pages-Billionaire Julian Ainsworth accused of harrasement...blah..blah.

Everything was blinded with my tears, nothing made sense to me accept the loud and rhythmic beating of my heart. I tried to control my breathing rate but nothing seemed to help.

"We are all the same, you see. Typical Men." He chuckled. "I'll leave you alone now. The job is still there for you, if you wanna join. See you tommorow."

Never.

Before I knew, he had left the room and his absence soon was soon replaced by a panting Mr. Ainsworth as he literally ran into the room and clutched my shoulders.

"Tell me! What did he say!? Did he do something!?" Unable to muster up any words, I showed him the papers.

"Obviously! That asshole!"

"What's this?" I tried to whisper out.

"Isabella. Tell me one thing, out of all the time we have spent together, who do you think you'd trust more? Him or me." One hand of his grasped my shoulder tighter while the the other cupped my face and I gave into his touch.

"You, of course I trust you." I kept a hand on his chest.

"Well then there's a story you'll have to hear. A long, stupid story."

"Narrate it, then."

"Sure. I'll tell you mine. But at a cost that you'll tell me yours."

~

Author's Note: Aaaaand they're Blending...xD. Wait! What do you think should there ship name be?

Jusabella?

Isalian?

Julialla?

Ian?

I don't know! Gimme your suggestions in the comments.

Don't forget to vote!

ily 💗