Chapter 14.

And we are driving back to work.

It went perfect, the lunch with Mr. Ainsworth. I didn't expect that it would be so easy going. And the compliment he made about my eyes, I swear I was trying not to blush. Why has nobody ever mentioned this side of him?

(A/N: Because it exists only in front of you dumbo! I just realised I interrupt the book a lot lolol.)

I sat in silence, looking outside the car window as Mr. Ainsworth's phone rang. He swiped at it and kept it on the holder, putting on the speaker.

"Hey Evelyn!"

"Will you ever get the time to call me?" A woman's irritated sound greeted us.

"I swear I was about to call you when I'd reach the office."

"Where are you right now?"

"On my way to work."

"But isn't this like lunch time? You never go so late?"

Obviously.

"Yeah I had lunch with my assistant." He glanced at me, passing a smile.

"Assistant...... I seeeee." She spoke in a singsong voice, while I looked outside the window, trying to ignore. And, hide my smile.

"Ugh It's not like that Evelyn. She well uhm... Whatever. You tell me. How's your married life with Felix Anderson, huh?"

The model!?

"Oh you don't wanna know. Olly is such a nice kid, his father on the other hand is such a pain in the ass."

Mr. Ainsworth chucked in his rich smoky voice. If the company ever gets broken down for any reasons, I'm very sure this guy could go for singing with this voice.

"Come on, I am sure you'll be able to handle him well."

"I'll try." The lady on the other line replied with a soft laugh.

"Listen Evelyn I've reached the office so I'll call you later, okay?"

"Sure. I miss you."

"Me too pumpkin, me too."

The Julian Ainsworth can be the pumkin kind of guy?

"That was my sister."

"You two sound close."

"Yeah. She recently married Felix Anderson. You know him?"

"Yes. Everybody does."

We had reached the office, so I held the door to get out.

"Stop." He said, making me freeze.

He walked over to my side and opened the door for me.

Yet they call him the arrogant billionaire businessman.

"Thank you." I said, reaching out as he slammed the door behind me.

"So let's get back to work, shall we?"

"Yes." I said and we started walking towards the elevator.

"Mr. Ainsworth." A thin guy walked towards us as we waited for the elevator.

"Brad."

The elevator doors opened.

"Isabella, you can go upstairs, I'll be there in a minute."

"Okay Mr. Ainsworth." I walked in.

As I walked out of the elevator, I saw Sophie coming from the washroom.

✔|Entwined With You|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें