Chapter 35.

"But isn't it a bit too much?" I asked as I shifted the glittery red plunging bodycon dress lower.

"It's fine. Also, stop sifting it lower. That...well..it reveals your...cleavage more." Julian looked down, adjusting the collar of his white shirt.

I looked down and realised the same and pulled it back upwards a blush forming on my cheeks.

"Also, this red lipstick." I pointed at my lips. "I've never worn a red shade before."

He stared at my lips with those icy blue eyes making me bite the lower one reflexly.

"Don't do that." He ordered in a husky voice.

"Why?" I imitated the same. Wait! Does this count as flirting?

"He won't be able to take that much." He turned around. "Come on, before its too late."

Too what?

I walked slowly owing to the black stilettos I was forced to wear. These are so gonna kill me tonight. And just as the thought had crossed my mind, I was imbalanced and ready to fall on my butt because of Dear Gravity.

But before that could happen, warm hands wrapped around my waist, balancing me to the ground.

"Always clumsy, aren't we?" He smirked at me, tightening his hold around my waist.

***

"But if something goes wrong? What if the plan backfires?" I hugged myself as he drived the car towards the parking lot.

"Nothing can possibly go wrong." He sighed and undid his seatbelt while I still sat staring straight ahead. "Isabella. Look at me."

I turned my face towards him and he gave me an encouraging look.

"If anything goes wrong. I'm here. I would not let anything happen to you. We'll fight together."

"Thank you."

I undid my seatbelt as well. He quickly got out of his side and opened the door for me. Looking at the club, I recalled how just a few days back we were here, with Cat around. He too recalled the same and heaved a sigh, keeping his hand on the small of my back.

"Things change." He muttered and started walking.

"They do." I agreed.

However, this time we would be in the VIP Section with a bigger problem sitting in front of us- Will Koch. He found the couch he had booked already and nodded at the waiter he had secretly booked for us.

Yes, we have a waiter booked as well. We cannot take any chances.
Who knows if Koch is already up with a plan? We must be a step ahead of him.

"You've taken care of the-" I fumbled my waves and tried to ask him about the arrangements but he already cut me off.

"I've taken care of everything Isabella, relax now, or you'll make it obvious."

"He's here! He's here!" I whisper yelled as I spotted him at the entrance.

"That is you don't make it obvious!? Calm down. We can do it. Now look at me, we don't want him to catch you looking at him."

I looked at him and smiled as nonchalantly as I could. He then looked at Koch and acted surprised.

"Evening, Mr. Koch."

"To you too, Mr. Ainsworth."

"Please have a seat." Julian nodded at the seat opposite us.

"Sure, sure." He sat down heavily and we followed, sharing a knowing glance.

Julian waved at our waiter to bring the first round of drinks for us. We would have some lighter drink to keep us sober while Koch gets more and more drunk.

"The night is young." He muttered looking directly at me and raised his glass as we did the same.

"Indeed." Julian nodded while I sat trying not to panic.

"The papers?" Koch transferred his gaze towards Julian.

Shit.

"What's the hurry there? We've got a lot of time." He covered it up with a laugh. Koch nodded in agreement.

"So, let's make some conversation then." He clasped his hands together and gave a wicked grin.

"I don't think I need to know anything about you, Mr. Ainsworth. Everyone seems to know you." He shrugged and now leaned towards my side. "So, we don't want to bore your assistant here, do we? Tell us about yourself."

"There's nothing to tell." I laughed it off.

"Come on! There is always something to tell. So, where do you belong from?" He asked the question he already knows the answer to.

"Bo-Boston."

"Nice place it is. Since when have you been working for Ainsworth?"

Does he want to know since when I started working again?

I tilted my head towards Julian and he gave me an encouraging look.

"Just a little more than a month."

"I see. She seems a good one, huh Ainsworth?" He asked making Julian smile. "Specially after what you had been through some time ago. What was her name? Gab-"

"Excuse me." Julian faked that he has gotten a call and walked away.

It's time to start the work then.

I waved at the waiter for another set of drinksand shifted in my seat which caused the already short dress to rise up. He stared down at my thighs a little longer than necessary. He looked back up licking his lips.

"So, does Prince Charming treat you better?" He asked in a hushed voice, sipping his drink.

"I don't know the proper answer to that question." I imitated and flicked my hair to the other side.

"I think he doesn't treat you as well as I could."

I bit my lower lip and twirled a strand of hair using my forefinger as his eyes followed my actions.

"You've always wanted this, haven't you?"

How should I answer that? He leaned forward and even reached out to hold my thigh. Thankfully, Julain probably noticed and came back to sit next to us.

"What are you people chattin' about?" He asked sitting next to me.

"About what a great boss you are." Koch laughed.

"I see." Julian laughed inclining his head towards me and motioned me with his eyes to go.

"Excuse me, please." I stood up with my purse.

Shit! I didn't even tell where I was going.

"Where might you be off to?" Julian saved me at the right time.

"The restroom, I suppose." I swayed my hips and left them alone.

The restroom, just like he'd prepared was completely empty. With a sigh I sat down on the chair in front of mirror. Grabbing the lipstick out of my purse I re-adjusted some. As expected, I heard heavy steps coming closer.

Lord, please save us tonight.

~