Chapter 48.

"Happy New Year!" A cheery looking Alex entered into Julian's office. Yes, we are working in the first day of the year, it's a tradition or something.

"Happy New Year!" I greeted him and walked closer to give him a hug. "So, do you have any idea where he is?"

"I do, actually." His expression flattened instantly.

"Alex, is something wrong?"

"Well, he left...for a meeting...to Boston."

"What? When? How? I don't get it. He didn't even..."

"He left for the airport early morning. His jet has some issues."

"What's the meeting about? Why didn't he tell me?"

"Well...it's about this...ugh...this. I don't remember..."

"You are lying, aren't you?"

"N-no?"

"You've been stumbling over your words, Alex. I'm not stupid. Just tell me where he is."

"The thing is..."

***

"Move aside, move aside!" I yelled to a trick driver as I made my way to the airport parking.

"Where is he? Where is he? Where the fuck is he?" Mumbling to myself I searched my way through the crowd. I snatched a magazine from an old lady to use it as a weapon.

"Hey!"

"It's for public work! I'll return it."

And then I spotted him.

He stood with his hands dug in the pockets of his leather jacket and wearing sunglasses. He was jumping on the balls of his feet impatiently.

"Julian James Ainsworth! Stop right there, this instant! Please don't let him run away." I shouted to the people standing ahead. Thankfully, they realised how anxious I was and made a circle around him, capturing him in his death trap.

"Thank you. You're helping a lot of women through this." I tapped the shoulder of a teen boy as I enters inside the circle, facing Julian.

"Isabella let me-"

"No! You let me. What the fuck did you think we're you up to, huh? Do you think you can- you can just l1eave me here all alone?" I hit his arm continuously with the magazine. "Who do you think can tolerate you except me?"

"Will you stop!? I l-" I got his arm again to cut him off.

"No! You need to stop right now. How did you come to a conclusion yourself without even asking me? You can't decide wether I love you or not, okay? You can't decide if I'm ready or not. How could you leave me alone thinking it would be better?" My anger cooked down looking at his innocent face.

"You moron!" I threw the magazine down. "You could have told me! Why would I not love you. I have no reasons to not love you. How would I live if you left? You've made me feel like a human again. You've completed me! And now you'd just leave! Julian James Ainsworth, I love you. You don't need to leave anywhere. We belong Julian! Please stay," I stepped closer. "please stay."

"Of course I'll stay Isabella." He held my shoulders and pulled me into him. He leaned down and caorrued my lips for a kiss. It started off soft, with a graze in our lips. But as usual, he ended up deepening it. As he licked my bottom lip, I granted him the permission instantly. As he explored my mouth, I couldn't help but moan and shudder instantly. But it was when we parted in need of oxygen that we realised we had an audience as well. Fortunately, nobody was offended as everyone cheered and clapped around us, making me blush and hide myself into his arms.

"Flight no..." The announcement started and people started walking away giving us glances.

"So are you still leaving?" I teased laughing.

"Never." He pulled me into his arms, grabbed his suitcase and we made our way out to the parking lot.

"I'm sorry." He whispered sitting next to me.

"I can't believe you would be so stupid." I said buckling my seatbelt.

"I-I don't know." He started the engine. "I thought that would get scared thinking about love, that you would leave me."

"I am not leaving you and you are not leaving me, okay? Just like you explained love, 'we will fight together.', right?"

"We'll fight together." He agreed, turning on the radio and putting an end to the stupid conversation.

Back home, we found Miss. Lily humming and cleaning the kitchen, she had arrived early from her daughter's place.

"Hello my sweeties. Happy New Year." She said hugging us.

"Happy New Year!" We greeted.

"You two aren't married yet?"

"W-what?" Julian frowned and then smiled.

"I mean...the last time I saw the two of you, you were madly in love with each other so I assumed you would have her finger wrapped in a ring by now." She nudged him.

"The idea of getting married is...great. But I think we should should spend some him together, right?" He turned towards me.

"Of course, yes!" I breathed out in relief knowing his thoughts.

"Fine...so I've made some stuffed peppers. I hope you've not made any plans outside?"

"Nope. We'll eat the peppers." He said and we walked to the dining table.

"Let me help you." I volunteered as Miss. Lily went into the kitchen.

"No sweetheart, make yourself comfortable." She pushed me down on the chair and walked inside.

After dinner, we went back into our room with stuffed bellies, really. As I closed the door behind me, I saw him looking at me with a determined expression.

"What?"

"I was just wondering..." He walked closer to me and placed his hands on either sides of my arms. "We should bring your clothes to my closet now."

"I-what?"

"Yes...I mean, we're sleeping together anyways, and now that we have confessed...I think it's time. I'm not forcing you...if you don't want to."

"I would love to." I pulled him with his forearm into the room I had earlier slept in and we started getting all the clothes from the cupboard and arranging them into his huge walk in closet.

"Why didn't you tell me you had so many books in here with you?" He asked eyeing the boxes filled with my books. "We could keep them in my study."

"You have a study here?"

"Yeah...what's so special about a study? Just a few business related books and a table." He shrugged. "I'll show it to you tomorrow, is you're so interested."

"You know what?" I asked getting up after tucking the last bra inside a drawer.

"What happened, love?" He crossed his arms over his chest. My heart flipped at the mention of this new nickname.

"Your closet...it has this weird sexy aura around it." I swayed my way to him, trying to look inviting as well as not being cringey.

"It does?" He hummed raising his eyebrows and cocking his head to the left.

"With the darkness an-" And as usual, before I got a chance to speak up, he had pushed me over to the wall at the side, his broad body trapping mine.

"Is backing girls up against the wall your thing?"

"Works, doesn't it?" He lifted me up and captured my lips in a demonically passionate kiss.

~