Chapter 13.

Julian's POV

I stood staring as Isabella drank some water. I sigh escaped her cupid lips. She smiled as she kept the glass.

What or who is she thinking about?

All of a sudden, the relief drowned from her face as it was taken over by a look of surprise. She hit her head as if she had forgotten something and turned around.

And then, she looked at me.

Let's mask it up now.

"Isabella." I nodded.

"Mr. Ainsworth."

"Looking for something?"

"You."

"Me?" I asked, arching an eyebrow and cocking my head to the left.

"I mean... you-me...the lunch?"

She has sworn that she will not let it go.

"So we are really doing it?"

"Yes Mr. Ainsworth." She crossed her arms as if she was ready to fight.

"Well then let us make it quick, shall we?" I replied turning around so she'd follow.

I left the kitchen and walked into my office to take my car's keys. I  kept it in my pocket and walked out. On the other side of my office, Isabella too carried her purse and came out.

We stepped inside the elevator and the doors closed. Thank God there's nobody else to disturb.

"You are shorter."

"What?"

"Without heels, you are shorter without heels."

"I know." She replied, shrugging her shoulders.

The doors dinged and we walked out. I took out the keys of the Lamborghini and pressed the button.

"You'll drive?" She asked, looking up at me with her beautiful brown eyes.

"Any problem?"

"Nope." She said softly, looking down.

I opened the door for her as she slid inside. Closing the door, I went and sat in the driver's side.

"So where are you taking me?" I asked buckling as she did the same.

"Do you eat Chinese?"

"Chinese will do."

"Well, then follow my instructions."

'I don't follow.' I wanted to say. But instead I nodded and followed her instructions, going wherever she was leading us to.

***

She took me to a simple, yet sleek  Chinese restaurant where she says she gets food from every other day.

I kept my hand on the small of her back as we walked towards the entrance. She flinched a little at my action and I recalled the same question that is haunting me nowadays.