Chapter 12.

I came out of the shower, with a towel covering my body, and one covering my hair. I'd woken up forty minutes earlier than everyday, owing to Mr. Ainsworth's order regarding coming early.

I wore a black coloured dress shirt and a gray/grey skirt. ( A/N : It is gray where I live.) As usual, I wore my watch and also wore these really pretty jade studs which I had found when Cat and I last went shopping. I blow dried my wavy hair and put them up in a twisted bun did minimal makeup and put on my glasses. I simply wore some white flats, ignoring all the high heeled pumps.

As I walked out of my bedroom, I saw Cat sitting on the couch playing with some slime.

"Up early?" I asked, surprising her suddenly.

"Yeah... I was pretty bored."

"Cat, I wish I could be here with you all day." I said sitting next to her.

"Nooo Bella! I would not want you to do that. Watching you working back after all those days makes me really happy. Go work!" She said, nudging me to get up.

"By the way, you know who will accompany us to party tomorrow?"

"Who?" She asked, her eyes glinting at the mere mention of company.

"Mr. Ainsworth and his dear friend Alex."

"Boss Daddy with another Daddy!?" She whisper yelled widening her green eyes.

"Will you please stop calling him that!!!" I threw a cushion at her and went to the kitchen for breakfast.

I sliced an apple as Cat came over and made me some coffee.

"Want some?" I asked, pointing at the apple.

"Nah... I'll bath first."

"Okayyy." I downed my apple with the coffee and grabbed my purse to leave.

As I reached the door, I spoke up again. "Catalina!?"

"Yeah?" She came out of the kitchen, walking towards me.

"You remember that day I had told you about the 100 dollars Mr. Ainsworth had given me for coffee and I said I would give those back to him."

"Yeah. And?"

"Well I will pay them back by getting him lunch today." I said and quickly walked out to save myself from getting teased by her.

"He's definitely your Boss Daddy!" She yelled from behind me.

Why do my cheeks burn whenever he is mentioned?

***

I stepped inside the limo and greeted Barry. But today, his mood felt slightly off.

"You alright?" I asked.

"Yeah... Just some wife problems." He replied smugly, driving the car.

"You messed up?"

"Nope. She's eight months pregnant. So basically everything I say or do ticks her off. At times, even breathing."

"Awww... Why not buy her some flowers or chocolates?"

"I could do that." He mumbled.

We drove silently for the rest of the ride and I played Candy Crush on my mobile phone to keep myself occupied.

"Best of luck!" I told Barry as I walked out.

"I'll try." He replied, grinning back.

The population inside the office was much less as I was early today. I stepped into the elevator and pressed the familiar button.