Chapter 3.

'So You still think HE would FORGET a hundred dollars?', mumbled my subconscious.

"Yes?" He asked, his icy-blue eyes piercing into mine, making me feel...well...different.

"Sorry to interrupt but you might have left this at the cafè." I waved the 100 dollars.

The goofy one pushed Julian away and spoke up,"Hey beautiful lady, it's your tip y'know. This guy you see is some rich AF dude. Haven't you heard of Julian Ainsworth? New here?"

"Sit back Alex." Mr. Rich dude ordered, "and YOU - keep it."

"I can't. Why can't you see?! It's a 100 dollars. That is way too much. Besides, what did I even help you with? I just got you coffee for heaven's sake."

"Well, to me it wasn't just a coffee. It was the best one I've ever had in my entire life."

Saying that, he slammed the car door and drove off with the goofy one- I mean Alex waving along.

I'm surely giving this back to you Mister Julian.

***

"Catalina! Are you home? I got us some Thai noodles." I yelled entering the apartment.

"Bella!" she came running from her room and then came over to hug me, "So how was your day?"

"Emily got me an interview. For erm....Ainsworth Industries.There's this post for the ceo's PA."

"WHAT!!" she practically shrieked and started bouncing up and down."Oh My God, Isabella Greene! You sure you aren't joking? THE AINSWOTH INDUSTRIES OMG BELLA!"

"Calm down!It is just an interview. How would I even get it?"

"You will. I'll get you ready."

"Says an ASMR queen. What do you know about business?" Yes. She makes out with random stuff for a living. What a life, I swear.

"Let's eat first and then we'll decide your outfit." She took the food from my hands and went towards the kitchen.

"Why so soon?" I whined.

"You don't want to look presentable enough in front of the most eligible bachelor in town - The Julian Ainsworth?"

"I actually already saw him today." And then I narrated the whole incident to her as we finished the food.

"What? You mean 100 dollars and you are gonna give them back to him. They don't really mean anything to him, though."

"I know but I can't just keep them."

"Also- The best coffee he ever had huh. You are some lucky bitch."

"What did you-"

"I'm kidding darling." And then she ran towards her room.

"Good Night!" She yelled from inside making me let out a laugh.

***

"Wake Up! Wake Up! Wake Up!"

Oh! What a pleasant start for a new day. Note the Sarcasm.

"Cat! What are you-", I looked at my mobile screen to see it was six in the morning. "Why are you waking me up so early?!"

"Because I want you to give your best at the interview."

She then pushed me towards the shower and I entered inside reluctantly.

I hate her and love her at the same time.

***

I showered in about twenty minutes and shaved in about fifteen. And also got two cuts in my thighs. Ugh being a girl.

"Sit! Sit! Sit!" Cat pushed me into the chair as soon as I came out wearing a robe.

Twenty Minutes have passed and my neck hurts.

"How long?" I whined.
"Just a minute." She replied.

I have received twenty 'just a minutes' for the past twenty minutes. What is she up to?

"Okay...done!"

"Cat I- How can such minimalistic make-up look so beautiful?"

"Thank me later now go wear these." She gave me the work clothes we had decided last night.

I was wearing a white blouse along with a navy-blue A-line skirt and kept it simple by wearing pearl earrings that were given to me by my parents on my 12th birthday. I also wore a sleek watch, to keep track of time.

I came out to find Cat scrolling through her Instagram. I made my way towards the picture of my parents and had a silent talk to them and asked them for their blessings. A tear escaped from my eye as I thought about them.

"Don't you dare." Cat yelled, breaking me out of my trance.
"What do you think? I did your make up to find you shedding tears? I don't wanna see you moping all the time. Smile when you think of them." She carefully wiped my cheek using a tissue.

"Will these pumps do?" She asked, poninting at her nude coloured pumps.

"Cat, do you think I will be able to wear them. Have you forgotten that I bump into, like a hundred things a day without heels. So what would I do when I actually wear heels?"

"Do you mean to say that you'll go to an interview in sneakers? That would be really unprofessional, Miss!"

"Alright give them to me then. Hey! Also pass me my glasses. I don't wanna mess up. What if he asks me to read or write something? I'm practically blind without them."

"There you go. Best of luck babygirl. Go get 'em!"

***

Sitting in the cab, I hoped that I would not mess stuff up. I also decided to read 'How to remain confident in an interview' on Google even though I knew I would not remember a word later on.

I arrived the building and looked at it from top to bottom.

AINSWORTH INDUSTRIES

I paid the cab driver and thank him then tried to enter the building as gracefully as ever.

I found the receptionist and enquired about the interview.
"Topmost floor." She replied in a monotone.

What's up with people nowadays? Can't they be polite in a work environment?

I made my way towards the elevator and pressed the button for the thirty-first floor.

I got out of the elevator and again enquired another receptionist just to be sure. Fortunately, she smiled at me and politely made me sure of my arrival.

Now this one looks like a smart woman.

"Any tips?" I whisper.

"Don't get intimidated by him. He likes dominating. Reply to him as confidently as you can. If you get scared, he'll try to scare you at an even higher level."

"Thank you so much! You have a special seat booked in heaven." I replied.

As I neared his office, I saw four women already sitting there waiting for their interview.

You still think you have a chance?

Shut up, subconscious!

I can do it. All I have to do is stay confident. You can do it Isabella Greene.

~

Author's Note : Helloo Peeps!!!!
Any thoughts??? If y'all want any improvements, write them away. I love you people!

Also if anyone is thinking how come she can write orders at the cafè, well she's experienced over there. Moreover she just had to write the names of coffee so that isn't a big deal. Digest it lol.