Chapter 8.

Opening the door of the apartment,  I walked into something really, really unexpected.

"Oh My God Cat! W-What happened to you?"

Catalina was sitting on the floor, crying her eyes out. She was sobbing loudly and it made my heart shatter.

"Bella!" She ran up towards me and hugged me tightly, I wrapped my arms around her and rubbed my hands up and down her back, trying to soothe her.

"Tell me, Cat! What happened?"

She broke the hug and looked at me with her bloodshot eyes.

"H-He cheated."

That bastard.

"Catalina I swear to God I am not letting him get off this time. It's the third time for God sake. How could he even?"

I hugged her back again tightly brushing her hair, as she sobbed uncontrollably.

"Now you have to stop crying. Let me go beat his ass for now."

"N-No Bella don't." She replied, wiping her tears.

"Why the hell not?"

"You know, it was my mistake. I-I have realised that I'm not trusting that guy back again. I just want to leave it there."

"But we can't just let hi-"

"Bella. Please." She held my hands tightly.

God, the things this girl has gone through.

"You are a really brave girl Catalina."

"I know!" She smiled through her tears.

"Okay I know what you want now. So, let's finish with dinner and then we'll go get you some ice-cream."

"I love you, Bella." She hugged me again.

"Love you too, Cat."

***

I wanna sleep.

Catalina insisted on watching a movie as we ate our ice-cream. So, turns out, we ended up watching The Notebook with Cat crying on my lap as I yawned and ate ice-cream at the same time.

No, It's not that I don't love romantics, It's just the situation right now is not one in which I could concentrate on a movie.

What if Will all of a sudden turns up at work someday?

I shrugged off the thought and looked over at Cat.

"Cat, sweetie it's just the credits rolling now. Come on, you need to sleep."

"He used to sleep too." She started crying again.

I rolled my eyes, got up and gave her my hand my hand as a support. She took it and I walked her to her bedroom. I made her lie down comfortably and she closed her eyes.

"Stay strong, Cat." I whispered.

"I love you too, Bella." She whispered back, unconsciously.

I smiled and went to my bedroom. Finally, sleep.

***

I woke up to find music blasting at full volume in our house. Hurriedly wiping my eyes, I tied my hair up in a ponytail and went outside.

"Cat? Wha-"

"We don't talk anymore!!!"

Cat was standing on the couch, with a rolling pin in her hand and was singing along to the music.