Chapter 49.

*1 month later*

"I'm going to the supermarket for getting some goods. You accompanying me?" I asked peeking into his study to find him engrossed in a file.

"I wish I could but there is so much of office work."

"It's alright, I'll get going then. You want me to get something for you?"

"Nope. Nothing."

Is it just me or is he acting a bit weird since the morning?

"Julian?" I called out and his head shot up immediately. "Is something troubling you?"

"Me? No, I would tell you if I had a problem." He shrugged nonchalantly.

"Okay...I'll go then."

"Come soon!" He called out from behind me.

Carrying the keys to my favourite matte black Mercedes of his, I went to the garage.

"Hey Miss. Lily!" I picked up her call and stepped inside. "How's your daughter and Alaska?"

"Hey! Both of them are doing well." Her daughter have birth to a babygirl two days ago. "I'm sorry I've not returned yet. I'll try to be there in a week. I don't even know how you'd be handling everything."

"It's nothing, really. Take your time, she needs you. You can be back here whenever you want."

"Than- Oh! Alaska is crying again. I'll talk to you later."

"Sure, goodbye."

The rest of the ride, I listened to Julian's romantic playlist and hummed to the lyrics and reached the supermarket earlier than expected.

***

"Thank you." Smiling at the girl on the counter, I grabbed my bags and walked out of the supermarket. I threw the bags in the car's backseat and made my way back home.

Weird, isn't it?

How just a few days ago, I had ended up in his house, to help him and look for an apartment. But I ended up seeking his help. And now, well here we are.

I recalled all the moments we've spent together. (A/N: Don't worry! You'll get to read those moments when I post extras.) All those late night talks and cuddles and oh so cheesy conversations.

Without any track of time, I reached back home. Inside, there was no sign of Julian. I kept the bags on the couch and started unloading all the goods.

After arranging some stuff around in the counters, I grabbed the cheese and chocolates to keep them inside the refridgerator. On the door of the refrigerator, I found a sticky note with his scribbly handwriting.

"If a star fell for every time I thought of you, the sky would be empty." I rolled my eyes and grinned at the same time. He's learning these cheesy pick up lines from God knows where and using them on me. "P.S. There's a little something waiting for you on the dining table."

Like a stupid teenager in love, I held the sticky note and ran to the dining table and found my book lying on it, 'The Girl on the Train'. The one I had ended up sleeping reading on the flight. Julian had taken it but forgotten to return it back. Unexpectedly, there was another sticky note on top of the book. Carefully tearing it out, I started reading it.

"You don't know what I go through when I remember that peaceful sleepy face of yours. Okay, I won't get distracted, please follow the instructions to the staircase."

Staircase?

Holding the notes, I went back into the living room. The staircase was lined with sticky notes providing directions. Tearing each one out, I walked where the notes took me; his study, my favourite part of this house. It has this cozy aura, perfect for nerds like me. When he's out for some work, I like to spend my time there. It is not only peaceful, but it reminds me so much of him. It literally smells like him.

Grinning, I opened the door to find the least expected of all things.

Julian, on one knee. A velvety little box in his hand, with another sticky note, the last one; 'Marry me?' Tears flooded by eyes as I took in the surroundings, pretty rose petals and scented candles around the study, my heart thudding like a drum, the sticky notes fell down from my hands instantly.

"Isabella Grace Greene," He cleated his throat and I sensed his voice breaking down for a second. "You know I'm not good with this cheesy stuff but I'm trying. A-all these years, I lead a life, I never lived it. Then, you stumbled over. Clumsy, shy and beautiful you. And you 'brightened up' my life. You've made life worth living. What would I even do without you? And now...I-I wish to share all my life with you. You, are the one I need to have all my late night talks with. You are the one I want to hold on to when I have nothing in the world. You are the one I need to share every moment with. Bella, you are the one. So, will you marry me?

I stood rooted on the spot, registering in his speech. The transformation I've seen this man to through is the best encouragement I'd ever need.if only I could tell him all the emotions I wanted to share, but I don't know...I was so absorbed in the moment, I just couldn't speak. I just wanted to look into his eyes forever.

"My knees hurt, you know?"

"Oh." I took the box from his hands and helped him stand up. I loved how he hadn't overdone anything. He as simply wearing the same grey sweatpants and t-shirt he'd been wearing in the morning.

"So?"

"Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes!" I grin-cried as he took the beautifully delicate six pronge diamond ring out of the box and carefully helped me wear it.

"I love you." Before I could reply him with the same, he had pulled me into a deep kiss. Almost instantaneously, a hand of mine found it's way to his smooth hair while the other one held onto his broad shoulder for support.

And then, he swept me off my feet.

No, not just using it as a metaphor. He actually swept me off my feet and walked towards his table, throwing the file and pens frantically. The kiss soon turned into a make out session as we fumbled with each other's clothes.

"And I...love...you..." I pulled back to whisper between the kisses.

~

A/N: hehehehe...I know y'all are hungry for SCHMUTTT. But I've got a lot of stuff planned for extras. (Maybe a sequel as well). So bare with me for now. Also, I've come to a conclusion that I'll write books for:

○Alex and Catalina ( In case you aren't aware, a few chapters are written. I'm trying to update regularly.)

○Evelyn (Julian's Sister) and Felix

Theo (Isabella's Brother) and ????

○Sophia (The receptionist, duh.) and ????

The question marks would be replaced later.

Till then, Lots of Love.

💗