Chapter 28.

"If you don't want to do the deal, let me know." Mr. Ainsworth chatted with the client over phone to cancel our meeting. "Hmm. Later it is."

"Thank you so much M-"

"There's nothing to thank me for." He cut me off. "Let's take off." He ordered to the chubby man.

"Do you think it is regarding Alex?"

"I don't know." He rubbed his forehead. "We can't just assume. Moreover, we aren't totally sure whether they were together that night."

"I hope it's not as terrible as it sounds." I thoughtfully said.

"Don't worry. She'll be fine." He pressed my hand in a comforting manner.

"I hope so."

"You aren't afraid of flying now, are you?"

"No. All the credit for that goes to you." I smiled.

And really, I wasn't a tad bit anxious when we took off or when we landed an hour or two later. The only thing that had me anxious right now is Catalina. That girl has already been through a lot. Why is she always suffering? I decided to call her as I sat in Mr. Ainsworth's car.

"Yes?" I heard her muffled sound.

"Cat! Please be calm. I'll be there in two minutes. Mr. Ainsworth is dropping me off."

"Bring him along."

"What?"

"I said being him along. He's indirectly involved in this."

"Oh..Okay."

"She needs you to come along." I explained.

"Fine. I'll be there." He shrugged.

"You didn't sleep with her, did you?" I asked a minute or two later remembering his famous 'playboy' personality. He simply glared at me with a cocked head making me look down, clearly embarrassed.

"Really?"

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"Come out. We're here."

I hurriedly jumped out of the car and he followed along. Thankfully, Sam had just walked out of the elevator so we would not have to wait.

"Is anything wrong?" He asked from behind.

"I'll explain later!" I called out and tugged at Mr. Ainsworth's sleeve making him stumble along.

"God! Stop worrying. Everything will be alright." He rubbed small and soothing circles on my back trying to relieve me.

But as we entered the apartment, everything was clearly not alright.

"Cat! What are you doing with these bags?" I ran over to a sobbing Catalina and engulfed her in a tight hug.

"I'm leaving."

"Leaving!? What? Where?"

"I think we should sit and talk?" Mr. Ainsworth suggested from behind.

I nodded and went to the kitchen to fetch the two of them some water. Catalina had calmed down a bit when I came back and Mr. Ainsworth was awkwardly sitting on a bean bag staring at his hands.

"Take your time. We need the whole story." I stated rubbing her back making the tears re-emerge.

"I'm pregnant."

She whispered out. Mr. Ainsworth's head shot up and I gasped holding her head tightly against my shoulder as her sobs turned into whimpers.

"I-it's Alex." Her croaking voice declared making our assumption correct.