Chapter 36.

"Oh dear! Look at you."

I turned to the voice of none other than Will Koch. Throwing my lipstick back inside the purse I was ready to storm out. Just as I stood up from my seat, he locked the door behind himself.

"Looks like time has worked it's magic on you, huh? Look at all these curves. Or have you just become confident enough to flaunt them?"

"Let me go." I sneakily pressed the mic on the back of my dress.

"You really wanna go? I'm not here to let you go this time."

"Just let me go, Mr. Koch."

"Mr. Koch? I always loved it when I'd make you call me Will instead. Since when are we on a last name basis?"

"Since the night you pounced up on me." I clearly stated.

"Come on, darling. Let's just forget the past. Let bygones be bygones."

''You want me to forget that you had tried to force yourself on me!?"

"For fuck's sake Isabella! You know it, I know it. Who else does?" He came closer with long strides. "Do you actually think people would believe a stupid girl who pops out of nowhere or a businessman who's been in this line since ages? Stop thinking about this, come back to me." He clutched my shoulders and panic rushed through me. "We'll have fun. We'll work together, sleep together."

Oh God! Why are they still not here?

"Shut up, you pervert!"

I screamed and started rushing towards the door. Before I could make my way towards the handle, I was pulled back by his nasty hands.

"Don't make it hard for us darling." He pulled me closer to him. I could smell the alcohol and go cologne, the same one that used to haunt me a few years back.

"Leave me!" I elbowed his stomach fiercely.

"Why would I come back if I wanted to leave you?" He retrieved for a second .

"What do you want from me!?"

"I don't want anything from you I just want you."

And he clutched my forearms tightly pulling me back into him again. However, this time I kicked him where the sun doesn't shine and ran towards the door. He fell down and yelled curses at me. I tried to open the door but it wouldn't open. Seems like he too had prepared for this and got stuff ready beforehand. I moved back in dismissal and screamed for help. Where is he?

"Isabella! Don't worry! We're here."

Before I could register anything, I heard loud bangs on the door and finally the door slammed down. As soon as the door fell open, I was greeted by the worried eyes of Julian, who was finally here with the police.

The police ran over to Koch and made him stand up, binding him with the chains. He kept yelling curses at us, saying he wouldn't spare us but obviously they were of no use now.

"Bella! You don't know how frightened I was." He quickly pulled me into a tight hug. He caressed my hair slowly and peppered kisses on my hair.

"The police- they...their car met w-with and accident and-"

"Shhh. I'm fine now."

I whispered keeping my hand on his chest which was thudding at high speed. From the corner of my eye, I saw a policeman leave.

"Let's do this first."

I handed the policeman the mic I had been wearing while Julian informed him about the camera we had loaded as well.

"Thank you for your concern." The man nodded we'll inform you about the next steps.

"No really, it's a relief for us as well." Julian practically shoved him outside the restroom.

"Wait!"

I called out to the group taking Koch away. Quickly I ran over to them and then I did what I'd wanted to and should have done way before. I slapped him on the cheek, hard. So hard my hand was stinging even after. Which concludes that his cheek stung bad as well.

Pleased with myself, I proudly strode back to Julian, who took no time in pulling me back into the restroom. Once inside, he again captured me into those warm and comforting arms.

"See, I don't want to delay this any further." He brushed my hair while my head rested on his shoulders. Now that all the bravery was gone, I felt sad and stressed again. Before I knew it, a tear fell down from my eye.

"I-I know if I delay it anymore, it'll be too late. So, I don't care. I'm going to say it all today."

"Say what?" I straightened up and looked into his determined eyes.

"Shhh. Let me do the speaking." He brushed a strand of my hair aside and wiped the fallen tear. This little act of affection made another tear fall down. Great! Now I am a crybaby.

"Bella. Please don't make it hard for me." I forced a smile and quickly wiped the tears off my eyes. Again he held my forearms and pulled me a bit closer.

"I'll be totally, completely honest with my words. Well, I've been with a plenty of women in my life. But what I've felt with you, around you, I never ever felt them with anyone else." He ran a hand through his hair making my knees go weak and wobbly. "Yeah, I know this probably sounds like a playboy's written script...but trust me, trust me I've never said this to anyone."

How could I not, the trust reflected from his eyes.

"And today," He cleared his throat. "when I saw the fear in your eyes, when I heard your muffled screams, you don't know...it scared the life out of me. And then, I was completely sure, I knew it. I knew that I wish to protect you forever. You know, I had this-this sudden urge to carry you in my arms and away...away from this unfair world. But don't worry." He pulled me a step closer.

"I'll never let you go now. You, are safe with me. We'll fight together. I know, I know this," He waved around the restroom. " is the last place I would ask you. But right now, I don't seem to care. So, Isabella Grace Greene, this is the simplest way I could ask you, will you be my girlfriend?"

~