Chapter 21.

My phone rang as I tied my hair in a messy bun. Quickly holding it with the last bobby pin, I picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Isabella."

"Yes, Mr. Ainsworth. I'm ready. So, shall we leave?" I asked grabbing my purse.

"Yes please."

Locking the door, I turned around to find Mr. Ainsworth standing with a hand in his pocket, wearing a darkish navy blue three piece suit. His hair were a bit gelled today, giving him a striking and bold look.

"So you take that much of time to get ready everyday?" He asked, slightly irritated.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't find my watch." I raised my hand to show it.

"You don't have to apologise over little things, Isabella."

He gently kept his hand on the small of my back and I tried not to flinch. He probably noticed and moved it a bit upwards, making me relax and ushered me into the elevator.

As the elevator stopped, he bent and said something unexpected.

"I swear to God, if that's the outfit you'd wear, waiting is so worth it."

With a chuckle, he left the elevator, I too walked out, looking down at my outfit. I was wearing a dusty pink peplum dress, stopping at my knees with black slingback wedges. The dress has always made me a bit insecure, it hugs my body tightly, showing off some curves.

I keep a safe distance between us, walking a few steps away, so he would not be able to notice how nervous he had got me. He sat inside the Limousine and I followed.

He had thankfully received a business call as we sat, so all the ride he had muttered business talk into the phone, while I looked at the passing cars.

"We're here." The driver announced, stopping at Collins' office.

And then, they did all the same boring talks today as well. I had gathered some interest when they were discussing about the various designs, but it had lasted for a short span of time, as they moved to investments and other 'stuff'.

The meeting was over in an hour, getting up, everyone shook each other's hands. Mr. Collins forwarded his hand towards me for a shake, which I hesitantly shook.

In the car, my stupid ass of a brother finally made me a call.

"May I-"

"Go ahead." Mr. Ainsworth stated cutting me off.

"Hey!" Theo's deep voice greeted me.

"Look who finallh got the time to talk to his sister."

"Come on, Bells! I just called you a week before."

"Oh and how did the conversation go exactly? 'Hey Bells!" 'Hi bro!' 'So how are you?' 'I'm fine.' 'Oh I've got something to do, talk to you later.' You've got any explanations?"

"I do actually..."

I sense some humour there.

"And what is it exactly?"

"It's this girl..."

"A girl!!! Since when, how, when, where!? Do I know her? Is she from the town itself? Speak up!"

"Calm down there Isabella. It's a long story, actually. Might take some time as well. Where are you right now?"

"Atlanta."

"Atlanta?"

"Remember how I told you about work, well we've got a business trip." Realising thatthis might be a long converation, I stopped. "Listen. I'll call you in the evening."

"Sure. Don't forget though." He teased.

"Both of us are very well aware of who's the one forgetting things here. Goodbye!"

"Bye!" I hung up the call and relaxed back into the seat.

"My brother." I mumbled.

Why though?

"I heard. Seems like he got himself a girl. Wish him luck from my side." He joked, probably.

"Luck?"

"Yes, I mean handling a relationship nowadays." He shrugged and kept his phone in his suit jacket's pocket as if he was ready for a big conversation.

"So you don't do relationships?" I asked, fully aware of the answer that would follow. "You don't love?" I stupidly emphasised.

"Love, huh? Look at you using tough words."

"No really, tell me do you not love?" I really need to know his opinion now.

"See, I have never 'fallen in love'. He made air quotes. "Love to me is not about these-these fake games, about pretending you are alright when you clearly aren't. It isn't about fighting for your person it's about fighting with your person." The car came to a hault.

"So what exactly is love for you?"

"I'll tell you someday. But not today." With a smile, he left me in the car, alone with my blurry thoughts.

Did the playboy billionaire just converse about love with me?

***

The sound of knocking on my room's door brought me back from my deep thoughts and I made my way towards it.

"Hello, assistant." Mr. Ainsworth stood outside, wearing an Aqua blue shirt and khaki pants, his eyes covered with dark shades.

"Oh, Hi!"

"I was going to the aquarium because Olly desperately needed me to visit it and also take some pictures. So, you wanna join?"

Yes! Yes! Yes!

"Me?"

"If you want to."

"Fine then. Let me just go take my phone."

"Don't." He lightly grabbed my arm.

"But-"

"We wouldn't like to be disturbed, would we?"

"N-No."

"Come then."

Inside the car, I again recalled our conversation. Weird how for one moment I was having a deep conversation with him and now, I'm casually going to an aquarium with him.

"Were you planning on going somewhere?" He pointed at my floral red spaghetti strap dress.

"Just this mall nearby."

"Oh.. Did I ruin your plans?"

"Nope. I was just bored so I decided to go down and spend my time." I tied my hair up in a messy ponytail with the scrunchie on my wrist.

"Next time you get bored, just let me know. We're here for a business trip but that does not mean you'll just have to work all the time, am I clear?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

In a few minutes of chatting off about random stuff we reached the Georgia aquarium.

"Ready?" Mr. Ainsworth asked, as the driver stood holding the door.

"More than ever." I smiled excitedly.

"You more or less radiate when you are happy. Please don't get scared over little things and keep smiling like this."

"O-Okay?"

"Come now, we don't have a lot of time." He held my hand in his soothing and warm one stepping out of the car, taking off his sunglasses to reveal the blue eyes anyone could die for.

God, please keep me sane for these hours.

~