Chapter 25.

●Los Angeles●

And now, we step on LA. I don't know why, but I'm convinced that this will be the best part of the trip. My heart has been doing these weird flips every now and then.

A matte black Mercedes stood waiting for us with a driving standing close.

"Good Morning Sir." He nodded.

"Morning." Mr. Ainsworth took out his wallet from the powder blue suit jacket. Then, he handed the driver a hundred dollar note.

"Grab a taxi or something and go home. I'll drive."

"Oh... Thank you." He shrugged and started walking away.

"Come on in." He opened the door for me and I quietly sat in.

"So you own a hotel here as well?" I joked as he started the engine.

"No. But I have a mansion here."

How on earth does one make so much money, really?

"Oh."

With a side of his mouth curled upwards he drove us to the mansion which wasn't very far away, so the silence was bearable.

"That's an amazing mansion." I whispered out, looking at the mansion one could call a work of art. It was located in what was obviously the posh area, around other mansions.

"Thank you. But we'll be living inside you know. Move." He gave my shoulders a slight push and brought out our luggage.

"Let me help you." I took my suitcase from him, which he pulled back.

"No need. Go rest, take the stairs, the room is first to your left."

"Bu-"

"Rest Isabella, rest."

I knew, fighting with him wouldn't work plus I was getting more time to rest, so I left him with the work.
The house was equally wonderful inside. I decided to gawk later and climbed the stairs to the room.

The room-well what should I say- was a bit too big. It had this really giant king size bed with white sheets. The walls were painted with primary colours. There awas also a leather couch on the side.It looked like it was meant for a spoiled rich boy.

I kicked off my flats and unbuttoned my blouse and pants. Not even caring to put something on, I threw myself on the bed, trying to sleep.

"Ahh!"

"Shit!"

Mr. Ainsworth barged into the room with his bags and I made an effort to cover myself up. He swiftly used his palms to cover his eyes.

"God Isabella! I'm- I... Fu- I gave you the wrong route around. This is- ugh It's my room. Yours is to the extreme left. I'll just give you some time to...wear something first." Blabbering, he slammed the door and went out.

Did my boss just see me like this?

With my heart beating like a drum, I wore my clothes again and walked out. Mr. Ainsworth was leaning against the wall to the right, his eyes deep in thought.