Chapter 38.

"Don't worry. I'll just clean you up. We'll be doing that only when you are ready and tell me to."

Such a gentleman. Where is the arrogant Mr. Ainsworth they talked about?

In a swift motion he pulled the t-shirt above my head, leaving me topless before him. Out of modesty, my hands covered my bare breasts.

"Baby, please don't." His voice was hoarse as he pulled my hands apart and took in the image. Then his hands tugged the shorts down and now I lay bare in front of him. I could feel a tight knot on my lower stomach and pushed my legs closer tighly. His eyes were a different shade now, darker.

As if a thought crossed his mind, he closed his eyes for a second, shook his head and hauled me up in his arms, bridal style. He started walking into the bathroom. I had expected him to make me lie down into the bathtub and leave me alone. Instead, he carried me over to the shower. Opening the glass door he made me stand on my feet. He motioned towards the shower and I walked towards it obediently.

However, he didn't move while I did. Wait! Is he standing behind and checking me out. I flipped my head instantly but found him turned around with a hand on his head. He turned back and walked towards me.

As he was just a step away, my heart started beating faster than ever. I hope he cannot hear the thud. Without uttering a word, he pressed the button for the shower. Warm water poured down on me and I closed my eyes reflexly. He was getting wet too, but he didn't take off his clothes.

After I was totally wet, he turned it off and picked the black loofah from the side. He poured the shower gel over it and mixed it a bit to form the foam. My back felt cold from the tiled wall I was leaning on to.

"If you feel uncomfortable, just let me know, okay?"

"Okay."

He started with gently placing it over my collarbone. Then he moved it over to the shoulder blades and down to my left arm. He held my right hand and repeated the same actions with it.

And then he kneeled down, his face in level to my...core.

"You'll tell me, right?"

"Right."

It didn't fell uncomfortable though, it felt soothing as his hands glides the loofah over my thighs and down to my calves.
He stood up and coughed like he was feeling uncomfortable.

"I'll give you some time now." And then he practically ran out of the bathroom as I heaved a sigh.

***

"Breakfast is ready!" I was greeted by his smiling face when I walked down the stairs.

"Wow! You made it?" I took a seat and grinned as he serves the bacon and eggs on our plates.

"Well, duh." He took the seat close to mine. I breathed in his scent. I too have a hint of it today, except that the cologne is missing.

"So should I consider this as our second date?" I smiled as he poured me some orange juice.

"Sure. Go ahead." He smiled along.

I took a bite of the food and let out a moan. What effect does his food have on me?

"Are you sure you made this?"

"Yes Bella. I'm sure I made this." He took a bite as well. "And please stop with the moaning."

"Why?" I smiled. I don't know how I'm becoming confident around him.

"Because it..well-"

"Because it," I bit my lower lip from laughing out loud. "turns you on?"

"Did you just?"

"I-I don't know I-"

And then, we burst into pits of laughter. Why does it seem like I've laughed after ages?

Having done with beeakfast, we were back to work. I sat in his car and he played the playlist again. Coincidently, it contains most of the songs I'm in love with. All the way to work, I mumbled along to the lyrics and did not even realise we had reached.

As he unbuckled his seatbelt and started getting out towards my side of the door, I stopped him by keeping a hand on his forearm. He freezed and sat back down.

"What happened?"

"I wanted to ask you something.
What about work? I mean, how are we going to handle this along with it?"

"Don't worry. We will try to keep it hidden to ourselves. Our little secret." He smiled. "So ready?"

"Ready."

He walked to my side and opened the door like he always does. He placed his hand on the small of my back. However, this time there was no reason to feel uncomfortable. All I could feel was comfort, warmth and protection.

"Remember, we've got another secret to keep. Catalina and Alex."

"God! I've not called her since the incident with Koch."

"Call her in your office."

"Yes, I will."

And as usual, the receptionist rewarded him with a flirtatious wave which he, as usual ignored.

"You don't feel jealous?" He asked inside the elevator.

"About what?"

"The flirting by that receptionist?"

"What's for me to be jealous about? Besides, I already know you are used to this. I've seen you ignore her several times. There are a thousand women throwing themselves at you." I shrugged.

"Yeah...that is the point. Don't you feel jealous that there are, like a thousand women throwing themselves at me?" He smirked the kind of smirk I would love to kiss off him.

"Nope. I know they might want you. But I am the one who has you." The elevator's door opened and I walked out, proud of my reply.

"Hey!" He ran before me and caught up within a second. And then he bent down closer to my ear. Well, I've been missing this since the last few days. I could see Sophia staring at us but for now I didn't seem to care.

"We could keep this to ourselves but again, I wouldn't mind if we'd be bad." He more or less growled the last word in my ear.

"Yes Mr. Ainsworth." Knowing that Soph was staring, I gave him an innocent smile, although my eyes said otherwise and started walking to my office.

How the hell will I handle this?

***