Chapter 16.

"They really make it delicious here." Catalina sighed, eating the hamburger.

"I know right!"

"So what exactly was going on with the bending down and whispering into your ear?"

"You saw that!?"

"Yeah... I was hiding behind an aisle."

"Since when did you become a sneaky detective?"

"Since the day you and Boss Daddy became so relationship-y."

I took a big bite of ny hamburger to give myself some time to think while Catalina cocked her head, waiting for an answer.

"Ugh will you please stop this? We just bumped into each other. Wouldn't you greet someone if you met them?"

"Say whatever you want. But you will be riding him in a few days." She snickered.

I choked on the last piece of hamburger and reached for the Coke, quickly gulping it down.

"Hey! Talking about riding, when are you taking me to the party to get laid?"

"Tomorrow."

"Really?"

"Yup. Mr. Ainsworth and Alex will be there too. I only get Friday and Sunday as a day off so it was either tomorrow or Sunday."

Catalina nodded and picked her mobile phone out of her purse as it had 'ping'ed.

"The list is out!"

"What list?"

I'm so done with 'the list' now.

"The list about the most reputed... and rich businessmen in the country. Also, your Julian James Ainsworth is on the third position." She said whistling.

That explains the reputation thing.

"You wanna know about Koch?" She worriedly asked.

"Why would I care?" I replied, breaking eye contact.

"He's eighteenth."

"Seventeenth is also a businessman from here, Chris Wilson. His son Alexander Wilson will take over his business in a few days though. You wanna check out the list?" She passed her phone to me.

I first read about Mr. Ainsworth and then swiped down for Koch
Just above him, I saw the Wilson guy.

"Oh my God!"

"What?"

"He's a complete replica of Alex." I said, looking at the picture of a guy in forties or maybe fifties. "Mr. Ainsworth's friend Alex. Ohhhh... Now I remember Mr. Ainsworth telling me how Alex will be taking over his father's work. Yeah....Alex is his son."

"You mean to say that Alexander Wilson will accompany us to the party?"

"Yeah." I shrugged.

"Well that would make it some hell of fun." She said while I rolled my eyes.

***

After taking a quick shower I wore a baggy graphic t-shirt above my cotton shorts. Then I took out the book 'All the bright places' from my shelf. And finally, I comfortably lied down on the bed. I am almost at the end of the book and Olly's death is making me cry like a kid. Just like that, I slept crying.

"Get up! Get up! Get up!" I heard a devil yell in my ear.

"Catalina Rae Jones!!!"

"What!?" She asked, backing off and keeping her hands on her hips.

"That is how you wake someone up?" I asked sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"Sorry." She made puppy dog eyes as if it would help. "I'm just excited about getting laid." She mumbled.

"That is all you've been thinking about since last night?"

"Well, duh." She shrugged.

"We'll be going in the evening. Please survive till the evening."

"Okayyyy. You go bathe and I'll make you some sandwiches."

"You know how to make sandwiches!?"

"I learnt." She grinned sheepishly and left my room.

I walked out of the bathroom and wore a black tank top over my yellow cotton shorts. Outside, Cat had prepared the sandwiches and was putting them on the kitchen counter.

"Hey there!" She chirped.

"They are edible, right?" I joked.

"Yes." She replied, smacking my hand.

"So shall we take them outside?"

"No!"

"Why not?"

"Because if we take them outside, we'll eat them watching T.V. and if we do that, we'll waste our time. And if our time is wasted, we'll have less time to get ready. And if we have less time to get ready, I will not look sexy enough. And if I do not look sexy enough, how will I get laid?" She blabbered.

"Calm down there, Miss. Fine then, let's eat them here.

We finished the 'edible' sandwiches in the kitchen and then she dragged me into her room to get our nails done, especially my chipped ones.

***

"Come out Isabella! The cab is waiting downstairs." Cat yelled from the living room.

"Coming!" I took a last glance at my outfit.

I was wearing a rose gold slip dress that reached my knees and had a small slit a bit lower than the mid-thigh. Obviously, I did not wear my glasses today.

The mascara grabbed more attention towards my eyes. I wore some wedges so I would be able to walk like a human and yet look taller. My hair were left open and Cat had curled them at the ends. Quickly grabbing my purse, I walked outside.

"Woah! You really wanna get laid, don't you?"

Catalina was wearing a black coloured strapless bodycon dress that ended a few inches above her knees. She had also done some smokey eye makeup and applied some red lipstick on her full lips.

"You could also get laid with this look." She said excitedly, making me glare.

"Sorry." She mumbled and picked her purse from the couch.

We reached her favourite club in fifteen minutes. I had called Mr.  Ainsworth and they left too.

Outside, I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself.

Just a few drinks and then you'll go home. It's fine, everything will be fine.

Mr. Ainsworth and Alex came out of an Audi R8.

"Good evening, Mr. Ainsworth. Hey Alex! How are you?"

"Handsome." He smirked as we rolled out eyes.

We as in Mr. Ainsworth and me. Catalina was gawking at him like a fangirl who had found her favourite star.

"You came in a taxi?" Mr. Ainsworth asked.

"Yeah."

"Well you should have told us. We would pick you up." The four of us started walking into the club with Cat and Alex making small talk.

"Oh it is absolutely alright Mr. Ainsworth."

And then he again did the bending down thing, his mouth close to my ear as he whispered.

"We aren't working now, are we? Call me Julian."

Calm down, just a few drinks.

~