Chapter 11.

"Mr. Ainsworth?" I said from behind Jim.

"Well....Isabella, care to explain?"

Jim let go of me and turned around so both of us were facing Mr. Ainsworth now.

"What is happening here?"

"Mr. Ainsworth, Jim. Jim, Mr. Ainsworth." I introduced hurriedly.

Jim raised his hand and Mr. Ainsworth shook it. Then, he looked back at me for explaination.

"He was here to deliver your flowers." I said, pointing at the beautiful roses.

"I see." Mr. Ainsworth nodded.
"And you were hugging him because..."

"Oh! He is a friend."

"From school." Jim added.

"Alright." Mr. Ainsworth said, rubbing the middle part of his brows.

"Okay Jim. I'll catch up with you whenever possible." I smiled at him.  He handed me the flowers and stood probably waiting for the payment.

"About your payment...."

Mr. Ainsworth noticed and pulled out his wallet. He handed Jim 50 dollars.

"Keep the change."

"I don't thin-"

"I insist." He looked at him dead in the eye.

You'll scare him, Mr. Ainsworth.

"O-Okay. See you later babe." Jim kissed my cheek and left.

And you had to babe me right now.

Jim left us in an uncomfortable silence.

"So..." He walked towards me, with big steps and raised eyebrows. "Isabella Grace Greene, what was happening here?"

We were just inches apart and my breath was so fast it was the only thing that could be heard in the room. He raised his eyebrows higher and I realised he was expecting an answer.

"Mr. Ainsworth, I clearly told you he is a friend."

"Well then I damn well not expect you to hug your friends here at my office. Am I clear?"

I looked up at him with big eyes as he towered over me. He looked so big and intimidating above me that I felt I would fall down and melt any minute.

"Am I clear?" He asked in the same stern voice.

"Ye-Yes Mr. Ainsworth." I managed to speak out in a squeaky voice.

"Well then you are dismissed." He said, moving a step away.

I was finally able to breathe properly as I checked my watch and saw that he was letting me go forty minutes earlier.

"Mr. Ainsworth, I still have to work for forty five minutes."

"I know and I am dismissing you earlier than usual. Do you have a problem with that?" He asked, annoyed by me.

"N-No. It's..It's fine."

He took his mobile phone out of his pocket.

"Hello Thomas? Where are you right now? Okay then, take Isabella home. Good."

"You may leave."

I handed him the flowers, took my jacket from the back of the chair, hung my purse and scampered outside. Just as I had reached the door of the office I decided to look back at Mr. Ainsworth. Obviously, he was already staring back at me.